Let's Get the Hell Out of Here

A few days later...

   It's been a pretty shitty time up here, but at least things are finally looking up. It's thawing, slowly but surely. Dutch is making plans which involve lots of dreams and robberies. I sigh and shake my head, trying to get the feeling of sleep out of me. I walk over to where John is resting and snicker at his position. Rendered helpless with a nasty scratch.

   "I thought you were reading him his lasting rites...now I see you're introducing him to your other passion." Arthur walks in with a whole lot of sass. I roll my eyes at his immature behavior.

   "I'll mind you to show me some respect, Mr. Morgan." Reverend gets up and walks out of here.

   "Mind away, Reverend. You're still here then?" Arthur then gestures to the bed ridden man. I'm just sitting on a chair just listening to the conversation.

   "I owe you." John breathes out. I look out the window, everyone's saved his sorry ass at least once.

   "And you'll pay me...but for the moment, just rest."

   "Wow, look at you. What a saint you are becoming!" I laugh a bit as he glares at me.

   "Arthur, (Y/N)...I think it's time for the train." Dutch comes in with the scroll of plans.

   "You want me to come?" John suggests, like he can walk! He's practically helpless in his state.

   "Of course I do, but...look at you."

   "I was always ugly, Dutch...it's just a scratch." he tries to get up.

   "Lie still, son. Hello, Abigail." Abigail and Jack walk through the door.

   "Dutch."

   "Jackie." I cooed at the boy.

   "The boy wanted to see you, John." Abigail says and I wave to Jack and smile at him, he waves back.

   "He's seen me now...or what's left of me. What about you?" The scarred man turns to Abigail and she frowns.

   "Guess I was hoping to see a corpse."

   "Bide your time, you'll see plenty of them."

   "You're a rotten man, John Marston." Abigail turns to leave, bringing Jack.

   "He is an idiot, Abigail, we all know it. Now, railway men,"Dutch opens the door and walks outside with me and Arthur behind him,"Bill, now you ride ahead and set the charge...at the water tunnel, just before the tunnel."

   "Ain't a problem." Bill mounts Brown Jack and rides off as Hosea approaches us.

   "Why are we doing this? Weather's breaking, we could leave. I-I thought we was lying low." Hosea stutters out, to be honest I agreed with the man. He knew what he was talking about, Dutch wouldn't listen. I knew that.

   "What do you want from me, Hosea?" Dutch asks with an attitude as we all adjust our horses' saddles.

   "I just don't want anymore folk to die, Dutch." Hosea replies as he walks closer to Dutch. I glance at Arthur and we both try to mind our business. Our dads were arguing again.