He Wasn't Even Invited

I wake up and eat some breakfast that Mr. Pearson had just made before doing a few chores. I took the time to spend some time with Bear. I've been so busy that I haven't been giving enough attention. I spend about 2 hours giving him a bath, brushing him out, and playing fetch. He appreciated the amount of affection, but he loved to play with Jack. I was happy that Jack had such a good connection with Bear. He had someone to play with. By noon I grab lunch before going to saddle up Aurelio. I already see Arthur already mounted and ready to go. I send (h/n) over to the other horses to graze.

   "Is that a new horse?" Arthur asks. I pat Aurelio's neck and grin.

   "Yeah, he came sniffing into my camp when I was out with Sadie. I just broke him yesterday so he's pretty new. He's been a good boy so far though." Arthur nods and we start to head out. When we started to canter, however, Aurelio gave a few excited bucks. I grabbed my reins and gave him a good wack on the neck saying 'no' sternly. He didn't buck after that. Arthur laughs.

   "Your horse giving you trouble?"

   "Shut up Arthur." We eventually reach Strawberry and Arthur strolls into the sheriff's office while I find Micah outside.

   "Oh, (y/n)! (y/n)!"

   "Hello, Micah. Have a good time out here?" I lean against the wall and Arthur comes out of the office and to where I am.

   "You gonna get me out of here?"

   "We haven't decided yet."

   "Real funny."

   "Oh, he's not joking, asshole." I pick at my nails as it rains on us. My thick oil coat keeping me dry.

   "I've heard so much bluster come out of your mouth these last six months, now I got an opportunity to watch you be silenced." Arthur joins in and bends down to Micah's level.

   "Well you've gotta do something."

   "Why should we?"

   "I always looked up to you, Arthur. A-And (y/n)'s about one of the sweetest women I've met."

   "Bugiardo (liar)."

   "Well, that's your first mistake. Listen there's only me and (y/n), now there's a whole town of people wanting to see you swing." Arthur changes his position again.

   "You gotta do something, Arthur..." Micah whimpers like a sad puppy. I roll my eyes.

"Why?"

"I always looked up to you Arthur."

"Cacca di Cavalli (horse shit)!" I snort and facepalm.

"Well, that's your first mistake. Listen, there's one little problem there's only one of me and there's a whole town full of people wanting to see you swing. "

"You gotta do something, Arthur..." Arthur grabs the steels donkey hook and pulls it to the cell window. He hooks it on and goes back to crank it back. The prison bars are pulled off. Arthur and I quickly put on our bandanas. I pull out my Springfield rifle that was strapped around my back as lawmen pour from the sheriff's office.

We shoot and make our way to our horses the long way. We make it to some house where Micah decided to make a fucking house call. In the middle of a shootout. Arthur and I take a breather as Micah shoots two people. For his stupid guns. He went absolutely crazy in Strawberry. We barely managed to get out of there alive.

Arthur, Micah, and I ride hard. Aurelio nearly having a heart attack from all the stress he was just put through. It took nearly all of my concentration to keep him calm. When he finally calmed, we had stopped.