3

"Would you believe that she mustered the courage to do that? She's unbelievable." I said, rethinking what that girl just did.

"And, out of all the places she could've confessed, she HAD to do it in public, IN PUBLIC!" Jaemin said, "She must be so embarrassed right now, I feel so bad..."

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Okay man, snap out of it. It was her choice to confess like that. And, don't feel bad. You don't even like her, heck, you don't even know her. It's better to be honest rather than to start dating someone you don't even know and pretend that you're okay," I replied smoothly.

"I guess you're right...." Jaemin sighed.

I sighed, "Okay, knowing you, you'd probably be bummed out about all that until tomorrow. And since i'm not really good at comforting people at all, let me just treat you to a cafe or something..." I said.

I'm not really the type to give a damn about people and their problems, but, Jaemin's my friend. So, I guess I should comfort him. Besides, he did the same for me, I guess it's time to return the favor.

"No, really it's fine."

"Nope, whether you like it or not I'm going to treat you at the cafe," I said.

"Are you concerned..?" Jaemin said, smirking.

Feeling flustered and irritated, I just hit his shoulder, "Don't be too cocky, I'm only doing this because you won't stop talking about that damn incident until you feel better," I lied.

"Hm..okay..." Jaemin said as he laughed.

✁_ _ _ _ _

"Okay, what do you want?" I asked.

Jaemin scanned the menu, "I'll have an iced americano."

"Okay." I said as we walked towards the cashier.

"Good Afternoon!" The cashier greeted, "What would you like to order?"

"One iced americano and a Vanilla Latte, please." I said.

"That would be ₩11,950.92," The cashier said.

I pulled my wallet out of my pocket and paid for our orders.

"Alright, may I ask your names?" The cashier asked.

"Ahn ChanSook and Na Jaemin."

I'm really hoping this cashier gets my name right, for some odd reason people spell my name as Ahn ChanSuk which is REALLY annoying...

"Okay, your order will take twenty minutes, are you okay with waiting?"

"It's fine," I replied.

"Alright then, I'll call your names when your order is ready. For now, go take a seat."

"Okay, thank you."

"Where should we sit?" Jaemin asked.

"I'm fine with anywhere."

Jaemin approached a table next to a window and gestured me to sit there.

"It's good to sit next to a window seat while drinking coffee, it gives you an idea for writing and such. Especially at night, the city lights lighting up the dark sky and-"

"Alright alright I'm going to stop you right there, that might get too deep." I said, laughing.

Jaemin laughed, "It's good that you stopped me, I get carried away sometimes."

"Yeah I can tell."

Jaemin laughed, "I can't help myself sometimes."

"That reminds me of Midoriya Izuku form My Hero Academia." I said, "Like, that guy spouts nonsense a lot."

"My Hero Academia?" Jaemin asked.

"It's an anime," I said as Jaemin mouthed an "Oh"

"Uh, Ahn ChanSook and Na Jaemin! Kindly get your order!" The cashier said.

"I'll get it," Jaemin said as he stood up and took our orders, then went back to our table.

"By the way, just asking, but do you drink coffee a lot?" I asked.

"Well, I used to drink six cups of coffee with four shots of espresso a day." He said, making my eyes slightly widened.

He can manage to do that? Everyday?!

"four shots of espresso? Wouldn't that be too strong though?"

"It is, but I'm used to it. I drink it all the time to keep me awake."

"Oh.." I said, "Oh yeah, what do you mean by 'used to'?"

"Well, my mom and some students got worried about my health so I just drink two cups of coffee."

"That's still a lot." I said, "You are aware of what too much caffeine can do to you, right?"

"It can raise your blood pressure, damage your liver, can cause insomnia-"

I was cut off by Jaemin, "Okay please stop I hate it when you nag at me.."

"Well you should stop being so stubborn and dumb," I said.

"Look who's talking."

"Why I outta-" I said, the both of us cracking a smile and then laughed.

"By the way," Jaemin said.

"Thanks for today, it really cheered me up, even if the reason on why I was down was really dumb."

"See, I told you you're dumb."

"How dare you."

***

Next chapter will be published on February 14 since the next chapter will be a Valentines Day special, but if I can manage to think of an idea I might do a new chapter before the special :)

Btw I changed the cover :>