17

Jaemin's POV

"Hey, EunMi. Have you seen ChanSook? I've been looking for her everywhere," I asked, worried.

"I don't know either. I've been trying to contact her but she left her bag on the table," EunMi said, a worried expression plastered all over her face.

"I'll go check outside real quick," I replied.

"I'm coming with you."

I nodded and we both started speed walking outside.

"I hope she's okay..." EunMi said.

"She'll be fi-"

I was cut off when I heard a crashing sound coming from outside. I heard a familiar voice aswell,

"CHANSOOK!"

Once I heard ChanSook's name being called, I started running outside,

I went out the door and froze as I saw ChanSook lying on the blood stained concrete, with a car stopped infront of her.

"CHANSOOK!" I yelled and ran towards her, crouching and placing her head on my lap.

I panicked, "CALL AN AMBULANCE, QUICK!" I yelled as I quickly checked for a pulse.

She's still breathing, faintly, but it's better than nothing.

Students came running outside, gasping at the horrifying sight. The teachers came outside right after and was shocked, they hurriedly ran over to us.

"What happened?!" Miss JiEun asked. Almost bawling her eyes out seeing ChanSook covered in blood.

ChanSook was like the daughter Miss JiEun couldn't have, having her see ChanSook like this must be really heartbreaking for her.

"I called an ambulance and YoungChul called for the cops. They said that they'll be here in a few minutes," EunMi said, her finger tapping on her phone from nervousness.

"I hope they'll be here soon," I said, on the verge of tears.

"Jaemin, calm down. ChanSook is a strong girl, she'll fight through this." Eunmi comforted as I nodded.

YoungChul gave me a handkerchief, "Here, it'll help stop the bleeding while we wait."

I nodded and took the handkerchief, immediately placing it on her bleeding forehead.

The driver went outside and attempted to make a run for it. Luckily, the other students formed a circle around him and blocked his chance of escaping.

"You're not getting out so easily, mister."

***

We're now in the hospital and ChanSook was rushed to the ER.

Apparently, the guy who ran over ChanSook was drunk. He was arrested by the police and is now behind bars to face consequences.

I approached YoungChul which was pacing back and fort as I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Mind telling me what's wrong?" I asked and YoungChul sighed.

"This is my fault. If I didn't stayed in the middle of the road then none of this would have happened," He said, head hung low as he was trying to contain his tears from falling.

"It's not your fault, accidents happen."

"But still.....I can't help but feel guilty over what had just happened," He replied.

"I know. Just, sit down and try calming yourself. ChanSook will be okay, I promise." I said, smiling at him.

He smiled back, but what he said next hit me hard.