18

「The Next Day, still Jaemin's pov」

I promised ChanWoo that we were going to visit ChanSook really early in the morning, but before we left, I decided to make some Tteokbokki and some soup for her parents since they haven't eaten yet since last night.

I put the food inside a container and placed them in a small plastic bag.

"Let's go?" I asked ChanWoo and he nodded.

We locked the door and start heading to the hospital.

***

I knocked on the door three times and was greeted by a tired, yet smiling Aunt Ahn.

"Good morning," I greeted, slightly bowing.

"Ah, Jaemin, ChanWoo. Don't you think it's a little to early?" She laughed.

I laughed, "ChanWoo was excited," I replied.

"So, uhm, mom. How's noona?" ChanWoo asked.

She smiled, "She's doing fine so far."

He smiled really brightly, something you don't witness everyday.

"I'm glad she's doing okay."

"Anyways, both of you come in." Aunt Ahn said, stepping aside to let us in.

"Aunt Ahn, you should go eat first. I made some food. You must be starving," I said, placing the food on the table and removing the plastic.

"Jaemin! You didn't have to do that," Aunt Ahn said.

"I insist, you must be tired."

"Ah, alright." She said, smiling at me. ChanSook is one lucky person to have a guy like you,"

Aunt Ahn then realized what she said and quickly covered her mouth, snapping her head at ChanWoo who was beyond shocked of what he just heard.

"YOU GUYS ARE WHAT?!" ChanWoo exclaimed.

"I-uh....I have to go to the comfort room real quick-" I said, quickly running myself out of the room as I heard Aunt Ahn laughing and ChanWoo screaming.

***

Aunt Ahn had left since she had to get ready for work, and ChanWoo went out to buy snacks real quick. So right now, it's just me and ChanSook inside the room.

I stayed silent, staring at her features. Pale skin, rosy cheeks, and raven black hair. I've never gotten the chance to examine her this much until now. I just wished that I can do this forever, except that she's awake, it'll be better.

I looked at her and held her hand, "Hey," I spoke. "Remember how we always used to get in trouble as kids? I remember when it rains, we would always go home so wet and our parents would get mad. And during those times I always wondered, 'what will ever happen to us when we're old? What will become of us when we're mature enough?' I wasn't expecting that we'll end up, y'know, together. And to be honest, I feel like I'm the luckiest man alive. Having you by my side, calling you mine. Call me cheesy, but it feels like I'm in cloud nine, it's way too good to be true." I took a small glance at her and continued,

"Just know that I'll always be here by your side, take your time and get plenty of rest. Just don't leave me, please."

The grip I had on her hand tightened as I stood up and kissed her forehead. And when I looked at her, she was smiling, very faintly, but I could feel the emotion she tried to express using little of her strength.

I smiled," You can hear me...." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I will always be here when you need me,"

"I love you, Sookie."