57

Ray POV

It's been a day since I told Michael to go after Gavin. Hopefully that day means he's with Gavin. And they're on their way home.

At least that's what I expected until Michael walked in the office door alone. As in by himself.

"Michael.." I said and he slowly walked past Gavin's desk and sat at his own.

"Michael your back." Geoff said from across the room.

I can tell it didn't go well at all but I still had to manage small talk,"What happened."

He didn't make eye contact with anyone until now and I can tell he had a rough night.

His eyes were red and puffy and he had dark circles underneath them. His hair was scruffy and thick yet still neat.

The clothes he wore were still from the yesterday.

Jack and Ryan stayed quiet but Geoff and I weren't.

"Michael..."

I wanted to know what had happened and Geoff didn't want Michael upset yet he also wanted to know where Gavin was.

"He's not coming home." Michael mumbled.

Before anyone could speak he continued.

"I got on the plane and arrived on the other side of the planet. I did everything I could. I'm sorry. I'm sorry Geoff. I'm sorry Ray I just-"

"Michael. What happened. Where's Gavin?"

"He's still there. Half way across the world. The other side of the ocean."

The room fell silent and this time it included Geoff and I.

"Michael I'm sor-"

"I found him in a park. He was on a date."

I stopped talking and tried not to look at Michael. Instead I looked away at almost everything except him.

I forced my friend to go across the ocean after someone who I thought loved him.

Yet I forced him into a scene where he wasn't needed.

Michael talked quickly and surprisingly calm yet I could tell in his thick voice that he was upset and angry.

"He's upset because I told him about how everyone knew."

"Knew what?" I slowly asked.

"Everything. Gavin, himself. His feelings. Me for Christ sakes."

Michael was now looking aimlessly at the floor while everyone else did the same.

I glanced over at Geoff who shrugged slightly not trying to let Michael see.

"He's mad because he thinks Geoff is going to act different around him."

"I don't think of him any less." Geoff retorted shaking his hands in the air,"He will always be the annoying Gavin he truly is."

"So he's not coming home because he thinks everyone thinks of him different?"

Michael bobbed his head slightly,"But he's also happy there."

Ryan set down a stack of games on his desk but quickly joined the conversation,"What do you mean happy?"

"He's got Dan, the guy I was jealous of. He's home. He's where he grew up and he has a girlfriend."

Geoff nearly spit out his alcoholic beverage but he stopped himself looking my direction.

"I wear Geoff if you were to spit alcohol on me I would kill you."