Chapter Ten

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jax stared at his mother as Tig cursed and Clay shook his head. "What? Juice just talked to her a week ago."

Gemma sighed and shrugged. "They must have grabbed her after he talked to her. She looked like she'd been there a while."

Clay nodded before giving Jax a look. "Why don't we discuss this when we get back to the clubhouse? I'm feeling pretty exposed out here."

Everyone agreed and soon they were headed back home, the women in Gemma's SUV, surrounded by Sons. They were quiet as they rode along, both thinking to themselves when Kass finally broke the silence. "Will they be able to get to her in time?"

Gemma shook her head. "I don't know, sweetheart. Hell, we don't even know where we were being held. It's gonna be like looking for a needle in a haystack."

Kassidee sighed and shook her head. "I hope they can. It would be a shame if we managed to get away but they couldn't save her."

Gemma nodded as she lit a cigarette. "Yeah, baby, it would." She looked over at Kassidee and gave her a small smile. "They'll do what they can."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The minute they returned to TM, Clay called church, including Gemma and Kassidee. When the door was closed behind them, he nodded to his wife and gave her a small smile. "I know that you two have been through a lot and you probably want to take a minute to relax, but we need to fill everyone in on what happened and what you know about Trixie."

Juice shot Clay a shocked look, shaking his head. "I just talked to her a week ago. She was fine."

Jax scoffed and shook his head as he gave his brother a dirty look. "Yeah? Well, apparently Zobelle has her now." He pointed a finger at him as he lit a cigarette. "Because of you."

Clay held up a hand as Juice started to reply and looked at his step-son. "You done? Now isn't the time to be pointing fingers. Now is the time to figure out what the fuck happened and how we fix it." He looked at his wife and nodded. "The floor's your, mama."

Gemma took a deep breath. "They grabbed us not two minutes after we left the lot. They must have been waiting for one of us to make a break for it." She shrugged. "We can't tell you much about where we were or how to get there. We were blindfolded until we were put in the basement. All I can tell you is that when we met with Zobelle and Weston, we were in what looked like an old kitchen, like a farmhouse or something."

Juice perked up at that. "You're sure it was a farmhouse?"

The two women looked at each other and nodded, Kass speaking up. "Yeah, it was a farmhouse or a really old place. You could tell by the cabinets and the peeling paint on the walls."