Chapter Ten

Finn's POV

After what seemed like a very long song in the shower, I was dressed in my jammies. I don't know how all of us knew the lyrics to the song, it just clicked. I have to admit it was very weird, if someone was watching (but thankfully wasn't, cuz you know, shower..) it might have seemed rehearsed. All of us (Fionna, Marshall, Marceline, PB, PG) were in one room and Jake and Cake went to Lady's/Lord's barn to bid them goodnight. They might even sleep there actually. We had dragged a bunch of mattresses into this huge room, which I didn't even know existed, threw a few blankets and pillows on to them and done. The bedroom was complete. We were all very sleepy, so we didn't do much after showering. Fionna landed flat on her mattress, PB and PB kept on straight faces, but were out like a light. Marceline had fallen asleep in the corridor, and just floated there, so Marshall had to drag her by the hand to the room. I'm the only one still awake, just waiting for the excitement inside me to go down a bit. I don't know why I'm so excited, I mean, it's totally math to meet your alternate self, but there was something else I was looking forward to. I can't seem to recall it. Oh well, I'm sure I'll remember it tomorrow. I feel my muscles relax and my eyelids falling slowly. WAIT. I remember, I was going to go with the ol' hand in the water routine! (AN: I don't know how u call it :P) The room was now pitch black, so I had no idea what I was looking at. I silently kicked off my covers and crept to the bathroom. Well, at least I think I'm going to the bathroom. I can't be that stupid to forget how the room looked like, right? I just saw it ten seconds ago! I start waving my arms around, trying to find something familiar. I start walking to the bathroom, and slowly begin to pick up my pace. I suddenly trip on some soft, fabric, which is also known as a mattress. I feel myself falling forward and landing with a thud. My stomach hit this lump on the bed, which must be SOMEONE, though I don't know who, cause, cause, I can't remember. I hear a groan and the lump on the mattress starts to move, so that he/she if facing upwards. I feel a fist collide with my face and a battle cry being yelled. Fionna. I don't know why but suddenly heat rushes to my face. No one else seems to notice Fionna's shouting. Wow, they are some incredibly heavy sleepers. I quietly shush Fionna as she sits up.

"Finn?" she asks.

"Yeah, it's me," I reply awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?"

"See, I was going to the bathroom, but I couldn't see where I was going, so I accidentally tripped on your mattress." I say, not COMPLETELY lying.

"Oh" was all she could say.

"Fine, I was going to put everybody's hand in a bowl of hot water!" I whisper-shout.

I am not a very good liar.

"Oh" she repeats.

She doesn't seem to know how to react to this. She's probably wondering if she should laugh, yell at me, or join me in my scheme.

"Do you.. uhh.. want to... umm.. join me?" I ask, rubbing my nape.

I can't see her face, but I can practically feel her grin spread.

"I'd love to."

___________________________________________________________________________

AN:

Short chappie. But I really wanted it to end like this.