Chapter Three

Marceline's POV

My body takes control and I bounce off the couch, tackling him into a bear hug. I can feel tears welling up in my eyes and my smile growing brighter.

"Did you miss me?"he asks, hugging me back.
"You've grown," I say, pulling back and looking at him.
"Well, what did you expect I'd do? And I should say the same for you too, you were half your size when I last saw you."
I laugh and ask him, "How's life?"
"Treating us like dirt balls and jamming on my guitar, you?"he replies floating up in the air as if sitting on a chair.
"Same here, except mine's a bass, I guess that if something happens to me it happens to you in a similar situation? After all we are technically the same person, though how did we know each other before in the Nightosphere?" I ask.
"Beats me, and when did you become such a smarty pants?" he says, snickering.
"I am not!" I argue, "And I see that you haven't changed a single bit!"
"Be careful with what you say Mar Mar," he mocks, just like my dad used to.
I roll my eyes and pull on my hat and gloves.
"Where are you going?" he asks me, furrowing his brow.
"And I thought you could read minds, I'm going to see the others dummy! I may know you but everyone else must be freaking out by now." I say, "You comin'?"
"Not like I have something better to do," he mutters, looking at the floor.

He grabs an umbrella and we head of to the Treefort. We talk all the way and, just as I suspected, our history is quite similar. Like he had an ex girlfriend called Ashley who wouldn't leave him alone, he busted out of the Nightosphere because he hated his mom, etc. By the time we got there he was laughing and I was giggling like crazy, he always knew how to make me smile, how to make all the worries melt away. We knocked on the door and an orange spotted cat opened it. I guess this must be Jake's gender swap, though I don't get why she's a cat.

"Marcy meet Cake the cat." he introduces me, as we shake hands (with Cake, not Marshall).
"And you are...." she asks, gazing up at me suspiciously.
"Marceline, Marceline the vampire queen," I reply.

I enter the room and see Jake, Finn and a blonde girl with blue eyes playing BMO, I guess she's Finn's gender swap, the two of them could easily be confused as identical twins. I introduce him to Finn and Jake and find out that the blonde girl's name was Fionna. I also found out that BMO is genderless, because it's swap looks exactly like it.

Everybody starts chatting and suddenly Fionna asks, "Hey, if you guys are over a thousand years old, did you already know each other?"
"We did, we grew up together in the Nightosphere, until we were separated by our parents," I reply flinching at the memory.
"Wait, doesn't the Nightosphere also have the sort of teleport thingy? How come you two grew up together unless this lasts for years?" Finn asks, furrowing his brow.
"I don't know, I guess the Nightosphere doesn't have that sort of thing, in fact, it was only divided into two when our parents quarrelled, " Marshall replied.
"Weird," I say.
"I think we should go help out at the Candy Kingdom,"Cake says, "Their probably busy finding extra rooms for everyone."
"Plus," Fionna adds,"The Ice Queen is here too, who knows what mischief those two are plotting."

Everyone agrees to go to the Candy Kingdom with a bit of persuasion because me and Marshall weren't really in the mood. We leave the Treefort and walk (/float) to the Candy Kingdom.