Chapter 2

Sorry it's been a few days!!! Been busy with school and other stuff. (I also sprained my hand so I couldn't really do much for a while either :( ) Here's chapter 2! PLEASE VOTE!!!!

        I manage to wake up a few hours later feeling somewhat refreshed. I can't help but think about the strange statue I've been dreaming about the past few nights. I'm just glad our next case for my job doesn't start until next week. Later I head down for the kitchen for breakfast and after making something eat. I begin to make of list of things I need to do for the day.  I need some new supplies like new plates, blankets, pillows, for the den and living room, some new notebooks for writing articles-and a lot more that'll take longer to explain. Let's just say my list for the week is pretty busy. I quickly take a shower, get dress, get my lists, purse, cell phone and keys and head out the door.

        I lock the door behind me and walk down the to the main gate. I love it because it reminds me of the ones you see in Victorian houses. Once I open the gate door I hear a bark and small Cavalier King Charles Spaniel running up at me. I freeze and the small dog tries to jump on me. It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

        "Avery!" I hear footsteps. I look to find a ginger running toward us. The dog spots him and walks over once he's approached me.

        "Sorry about that," he says in a British accent. "He always like meeting new people."

        "It's fine," I smile. "Your dog is adorable."

        "Thank you. I'm just curious, I'm taking that you're the new one in the neighborhood?"

        "Yeah, I'm Heather."

        "I’m Mason," he shakes my hand. "I live right next you. I'm sorry I haven't been able to come, I've been pretty busy with some work lately before taking a holiday off."

        "It's fine, I've been pretty busy settling in and unpacking myself."

        "Has everything been working out for you so far?"

        "It has been.

         "I've been here for about four years now. I moved in once I got a better job after college, and of course i needed a place for Avery to live in."

         "Did you live in a smaller place before this?"

        "Yeas, I had a roommate for a few years until I got Avery and moved somewhere closer to my job. I got a raise and that's another reason why I decided to move here. The house caught my attention, the architecture and everything about it amazes me. "

         "I moved here because of my job. I've traveled a lot because of different articles. So far this has to be one of my favorite places to live in so far. There are a few more things I have to work on but so far it's still seemed to work out fine."

        "Are you just redecorating some of the rooms?"

        "Yup, there's some I've left some furniture and accessories in it because it just the house perfectly."

        "Have you met Lois and David already?"

        "Yes. Do you know them?"

        "Yes, Lois welcomed me into the neighborhood and the both have helped me out when I've needed it. David helped work on the garden and there are few times I went to Lois for some help with the house and to get help to watch Avery when I'm gone. They're really nice people."

        "They are. Lois has helped me find some stores that I might find some interest to decorate the house with my style and the houses. I'm going have to check them out today and during this week."

        "I'll let you go run your errands. I'll see you again sometime soon."

        "Sure. It was nice meeting you."

                                                                        *******

        I park my car at the side next to a blue telephone booth. These things are everywhere, I think looking up at it. I take a picture of it on my cellphone though. I haven't seen a blue one before. Most of them are red, some even black. At least they have creative people down here.

        "Tourist?" a man asks me leaning a lamppost.

        "In a way," I reply, "I just moved here."

        "Oh really? You'll enjoy it here!" he smiles like I'm an old friend.
     He has brown hair, a bow tie, pale shirt, suspenders and matching coat and pants. "Welcome to London! Are you enjoying your stay?"

        "Yes, I am," I hope this isn't a trick where someone is coming out to mug me.

      It has happened once before. I'll save that for another story, but looking at the man he doesn't seem like that type. He's friendly more than anything.

        "You seem to be rather interested in the city already."

        "It's a rather interesting telephone booth," I say. "I haven't seen a blue one before."

        "There's a few, they come and go. You seem very observant."

        "I kind of have, since I was a child. It's helpful but it's also annoyed my parents. You had to be in the scenario to understand."

        "That hasn't let you down it seems."
      "It hasn't. Have you been living in England for a while?"

        "I come visit it often. I was born and raised somewhere further than here. I have friends that live here. I'm just curious what made you come here?"

        "My job. Also the country itself. I find it rather interesting. Except the weather, I wish the sun would come out a bit more."

        "Spend as much time as you can in it. I'm sorry to cut short but I should get going. Enjoy your stay."

        "Thank you," I smile. "Have a nice day."

        "The same goes to you to Miss!" he waves before heading down the street.