patrol like it's normal

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

AS WE CONTINUE OUR PATROLS, PEOPLE ALWAYS CAME UP TO US. As Heroes, it was technically part of our job to respect our fans and cooperate with them. I had finished taking a picture with a ecstatic girl when I hear a scream near by. I called to Iida and start to run in the direction of the scream.

I swerved or leaped over people who were in my way, trying my best not to hit anyone. I turned into an alleyway and found a small boy surrounded by ghastly looking men. It was 4 against 1, but not for long. I dashed between the men and stood in front of the beaten young boy, a large blade already sticking out of my elbows, pointed towards the villains.

They all flinched as I took a step towards them. I narrowed my gaze at the group.

"I'd suggest leaving this kid alone or else you just might wake up in a cold jail cell. Or a hospital bed on life support." I say coldly. I had no time for people who hurt kids, or anyone for that fact. They twisted their faces in delight as they activated their quirks.

"The cutie has some balls, too bad you're outnumbered sweetheart." One said, a cocky grin displayed on his face. The other three weren't as confident because they wearily eyed my katanas and stayed silent.

"Evil doers! Give yourselves up immediately! Or suffer even worse consequences!" Their faces feel as they slowly turned around and cursed under their breathe. Behind them stood Iida, his suit looked menacing in the darkness of the alleyway. It seems the men knew him because they deactivated their quirks.

One put his hand out infront of him meekly as I handcuffed him and his friend. I led them both to a police car, where the cops thanked me and shoved them in. I saw Iida do the same with the other two. No complaints from them either. I felt a tug on my cape. I looked down to see the boy. He had blood and bruises on his cheeks, but he was smiling.

"Thank you miss, f-for saving me." He said. I took off my gas mask and smiled. I crouched down and gave him a hug. He threw his arms around my neck and buried his head into my neck, letting out small sniffles.

"Its no problem kid. I'm just glad to see that your safe." I released from the hug and grabbed the end of my tattered cape. I fold it and dab at the blood on the boys face. He winces, but doesn't fight it. When I pull my cape away, he looks better. No blood, just bruises and a small cut above his eye.

I give a bright smile. "All better!" I say triumphantly. He beams a smile as I stand back up. "Do you know where your parents are?" I ask. He looks hestitant as he shakes his head.

"No..." he says sadly. He gasps and points at me. "They said they were going to a cafe when they lost me in the busy streets." I nod as I pick him up and put him on my shoulders.

"Then lets look for them! You can be my lookout, alright?" He cups his hands into binoculars as he scans the streets.

"Got it!"

As I finish talking with the officer, I turn to see L/N hugging the small boy from the incident. They conversed as she stood up, a radiant smile on her features. I couldn't stop watching them as she lifted him up on her shoulders. She giggled as the young boy cupped his hands into binoculars and looked out over the crowd. The gesture was... cute.

"Ingenium?" I flinch as I turn back to the officer. I straightened as I nodded. "The payments have been sent to both yours and Forge's accounts." He turned away with a wave as he and his partner drove off.

"Woah! He looks so cool!" I heard behind me. I also heard a familiar giggle.

"I know right? He does." A feminine voice added. I turned to see L/N and the small boy smiling at me. She pointed upwards. "He can't find his parents, and he likes you." I looked to the boy who was now taller then me from sitting on L/N's shoulder. He gave a bright smile.

Though no one could see, I gave a smile in return. "Why thank you young hero! Do not fear, we will find your caretakers." I exclaim. He nods excitedly, seeing this as fun more then hazardous perhaps.

"Ryuu?! Ryuu!" We all turn to see a women in tears run towards us, leading her husband to us. I glance at L/N to see her lift the boy from her shoulders and set him down on the ground. He excitedly ran to his parents and hugged them. They exchanged words as the boy pointed to us.

"They were awesome! They beat up those villains and saved me!" He exclaimed. The parents nodded and thanked us before walking away with the boy. I saw L/N give a small wave after them.

"You did very well in that situation." I say. She turns to look at me, a proud smile on her lips. I placed a hand on my neck. "Admittedly, I'm not the best with children, so I'm glad you stepped in." She laughed lightly as she placed her gas mask back on, covering her bright smile.

"Its no problem, I am here to help, right?" She states, tilting her head. I nod as we walk down the street, resuming our patrols.