to the core

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

WE CONTINUED DOWN A DARK HALLWAY, my flashlight had died a few minutes ago, so we couldn't see anything. I grazed my hand on the wall as I walked, so I could at least get a bearing. Why does this place have so many long corridors? I felt something grab my hand gently. I turned to see nothing, but I knew Tenya was besides me. I squeezed what I can only assume was his hand and kept walking, masking a slight blush.

We reached a door after a few minutes. Well, by we I mean that I slammed into the thing. I felt around for a bit until I held a heavy padlock.

"Stand back, I'll cut it open." I say, manifesting a blade from the back of my wrist.

"Right." I hear him reply. I sliced down on the position of where I estimated it to be. With a loud clang of the now broken lock hitting the floor, I opened the door. I felt my heart stop as I gazed out into the room.

"Holy shit." I breathed. Tenya stepped in and stared at it all as well. The room had about six life sized capsules on each side and three at the back. Each capsule was filled with a green liquid and something ghastly.

More of those purple creatures. Each had one, except the three at the back. Those ones were smashed opened. Their green liquid spilled onto the grey concrete floor.

"Three capsules and we've encountered three creatures." Tenya said. "So that's out of the equation, but still..." He walked over to one of the capsule and frowned. "These superhuman monsters become active on their own." I walked up besides him.

"These could be the hostages that were meant to be here. They've been... mutated. But if they're just left like this, they could escape and find their way into Hosu." I say. His eyes widened at the thought. "We need to inform the police." I say. I stand back and pull out my phone, which was close to dying. I took a few pictures of the room and creatures, and I sneak a few of Tenya when he wasn't looking. I put my phone back in my pocket and turn to him.

My eyes widen. "T-Tenya." He raises an eyebrow. "Behind you." I whisper. He turns around slowly to see it. One of the creatures had awoken. It's looked like the previous ones we've seen, but smaller somehow. Tenya took at step back as it started to hammer the glass, the liquid ooze slowing the process.

He turned to me and ran to my side. "Y/N We have to go!" He exclaimed. I bit my lip as I nodded. I turned to dash out the door when I felt hands lift me up. I turned to see Tenya holding me bridal style.

"Don't we have to run?! What are you doing?" I say, keeping my eyes trained on the creature, by now it had made a large crack on the glass. He held on to me tight as he took a final glance to the creature trying to escape.

"Forgive me but this will be faster." He said. As soon as he bolted out the door, using his quirk to make him go faster, I heard glass breaking in the distance.

As soon as we made it to the stairs from which we came from, Tenya set me down. I had to hold onto his shoulder for support as I steadied my racing head.

"Are you alright?" He asks, holding me by my waist as I struggled to stand without swaying. I gave a small nod.

"F-Fine. Just a bit dizzy is all." I reply. He gives a small smile as I get my bearings. I notice the stairs.  I take my hand from his shoulders and hurry towards them, with Tenya hot on my trail.

We make the long climb up the abandoned stairs and burst out the entrance. We make a break for the nearest police station. I see it and sprint towards it, dodging the people on the sidewalk who looked at me funny.

I made it and stopped, waiting for Tenya. After a few seconds, he catches up and we both stroll in. We walked up to the front desk and explained the situation. Since it was Tenya and I, they sprung into action, calling everyone available to undergo this operation.

"You can rest assured that we got it." The officer said, a proud smile on his face. I give a nod as we thank him. I put my hands on my head as we exit the police station. I turn to Tenya and smile.

"Well, good work partner." I say as we walk back to his headquarters. He lifts his chin up and smiles at me.

"Indeed! I actually... enjoyed that mission." He replied, gazing out onto the street. I giggled as I nudged him.

"I told you it'd be exciting." He hummed in agreement. I took off my mask and let it hang loosely around my neck. I took a deep breathe and inhaled the fresh air. I glanced to my right to catch Tenya looking at me. He quickly averted his gaze and blushed. I smiled as we continued on to his agency.

When we got to his agency, Tenya immediately ordered for a doctor to come and take a look at me. As much as I said I was fine, he still asked for a doctor.

"Well, it's seems that the impact let you with a bruised spine. It should heal in a matter of weeks. You'll be fine." I looked over to Tenya and poked my tongue out at him.

"Told you I was decently fine." I grinned. He nodded as he looked to the side. He was blushing up a storm because the female doctor made me take off the top half of my suit. Luckily, I was wearing a sports bra. I thanked her and she left, leaving me and Tenya. I zipped the upper half up and put my cape back on. I giggled as I saw him still looking away with a blush. "I'm fully clothed, you can look now." He turned back and awkwardly smiled.

He walked over to me and did a perfect right angle bow. I gave a confused smile as he did so.

"Thank you Y/N. Without you, this mission wouldn't have been a success." He stands back up and gives a small smile. "I owe you so much." I put my hands on my hips as I grin up at him.

"You don't owe me anything, just hero's helping hero's, right?" He kept his stare trained on me as he nodded.

"I suppose so." I sighed as I through my arms around him, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"I'm... going to miss you." I say sadly. He hugs back and puts his head on mine.

"As will I." We pull apart after soon time. He scratches the back of his neck. "Y-you don't have to leave. You could just stay here and do hero tasks with me!" He beams. I chuckle at his enthusiasm. I hold a finger to my chin.

"That... that sounds good." I nod my head, amping myself up. Yeah! I could do that." He gives a bright smile as he lifts me up and spins me. He puts me down after a few spins.

"I look forward to working with you, Y/N." I nod as I smile.

AS DO I, TENYA.❞