Chapter 30

Elena grabbed a onesie out of Joey's dresser that read "Mummy's favorite".  She approached her son holding it up for him as he happily clapped,

"Has anything ever been more true?"

She set to dressing Joey for his day.  Harry had been called back to the set for one more reshoot and despite his irritation, he agreed with the caveat this would be the last time until Joey was at least a month old.  James apologized over and over and Harry knew wouldn't be asking unless he really needed him.  So Elena assured Harry she would leave Joey asleep while he was gone so he wouldn't miss anything.

Unfortunately almost the exact moment he left, Joey woke up.  So Elena figured she'd get him ready and head down to the set again.  At least then they could get out and enjoy the warm weather considering it was forecasted to rain and then snow at the end of the week.

Plus Elena was excited to get Joey into some of the cuter outfits he'd been given at the baby shower.

Elena lifted Joey up over her head as he squealed with delight,

"Look at my happy boy!"  She said as she twisted him back and forth.  She pulled him back down into her arms, "Wanna go see daddy?  He's gonna be so happy to see you."

Elena looked up as Niall walked into the bedroom still half asleep.  He aimlessly itched his chest under his shirt,

"Ya leavin'?"  He asked.

Elena nodded,

"Gonna go visit Harry onset.  Wanna come?"

Niall shook his head,

"No way."  He reached over to tickle Joey's tummy, "How's it goin', Smiley?"

Elena handed Joey over to him,

"Hold onto him for a bit while I pack his bag?"

Niall eagerly pulled Joey into his arms,

"C'mere, Kid."  Niall leaned against the dresser while he gently bounced Joey in his arms, "Visitin' Harry..."  He started, "Means...good things...yeah?"

Elena shrugged,

"Just a visit to get Joey out for some fresh air.  And I know Harry doesn't like to be away for long."

Niall lifted his eyebrows,

"Well...that's more consideration for Harry than you've had in a long time...that's...a move in the right direction."

Elena zipped Joey's bag and lifted it onto her shoulder.  She turned to look at Niall,

"And what direction is that?"

Niall handed Joey back over to her,

"Gettin' back together.  Yeah?"

Elena sighed.  She knew that's what was expected and what everyone thought she and Harry were working towards.  But she honestly wasn't sure that's where she and Harry were headed or if that's even where they needed to go. 

She finished putting Joey into his carrier,

"We'll see." 

It was a crappy answer, but the only one she had.  She kissed Niall's cheek,

"Have fun with Randy today.  I'll see you later."

Niall stared at the empty doorway once Elena was gone.  Her answer had shocked him to the point that he wasn't even sure what had happened. 

--------------------

Elena pulled into the parking spot next to Harry's Range Rover at the location for the movie shoot.   She grabbed Joey's carrier and his bag.  She weaved through the cars on her way to Harry's trailer, smiling at some of the crew when they passed by her.