Chapter 32

Randy jumped down the last few steps from her apartment stoop and straight into Niall's arms. She pressed a kiss to his mouth as her arms caught around his neck. Niall grunted when she crashed into him,

"Damn..." He said against her mouth.

Randy giggled,

"Did I hurt you?"

Niall shook his head,

"Absolutely did not." He said as his head tipped to the side for another kiss.

Randy smiled against his mouth. If someone would have told her a few weeks ago that the jerk who thought she was on a date with Harry would make her this happy, she would've told them they were an idiot. But that's exactly what happened. Randy couldn't remember the last time the sight of someone's headlights heading into her parking lot made her so damn happy.

She pulled back when he set her on her feet. He reached forward to tug on her backpack,

"That all ya brought?" He asked as he took her bag from her so he could carry it.

Randy nodded,

"You said to pack enough for the weekend. I'm an efficient packer. I only need one pair of jeans, I wore the boots I'll wear all weekend and three shirts. Most of what's in there is toiletries."

Niall set her bag next to his in the back,

"Efficient packer huh? It's like we were made for each other."

Randy slipped into the passenger seat after Niall opened the door for her. She smiled over at him when he slid into the driver's side,

"You didn't say where we were going."

"And I'm not gonna." He answered. He looked over at her, his eyebrows quirking, "Trust me?"

Randy threaded her fingers through his,

"Absolutely."

---------------------

Elena finished putting Joey to bed while Harry waited for her in the living room. He paced while he waited. His hands shoved into his pockets while he kicked his feet back and forth. He expected to be nervous, scared or upset. But he wasn't any of those things. Harry was ready for this. It was time they finally discussed what had happened.

Harry also had an ulterior motive. He needed to convince her that giving them another shot was what she wanted. It was certainly what he wanted.

They just needed to clear the air and forgive each other for the mess they'd made. They deserved another shot. If for no other reason than the little boy Elena was currently reading to in his room.

Harry glanced up just as Elena emerged from Joey's room. He watched as she closed the door. She turned towards him, shaking her hair out of her face but stopping the minute her eyes fell on his.

Harry watched as she stopped a few feet away from him,

"He asleep?"

Elena nodded,

"Yes. Out like a light." Elena threw a few of his toys down into a bin. She slid her now empty hands into her back pockets, "Alright...let's talk."

Harry was ready for this talk, he just had no idea how to start it. He wasn't sure why he decided to start with the sentence that came out of his mouth,

"So...Oliver asked you out on a date..."

Elena stared back at him for a moment. Her face changing into a kind of irritation he'd only seen on her a few times before. She gave one curt nod of her head,