Chapter 35

Harry barely heard it, but when Elena's voice eked out "Get me out of here" that was all he needed to hear. He promptly threaded his fingers through hers, turned and walked out of the building without another look back. Elena grabbed for his hand again once they were settled in his car though she stayed quiet.

Harry texted Niall at a stop light telling him to get everyone out of the house immediately. And thankfully, for once in their friendship, Niall listened. Harry and Elena returned to a quiet, calm house.

Elena disappeared into the bathroom, leaving Harry to figure out what his next move was. He made his way into the kitchen and started boiling some water for tea.

For the first time in what seemed like forever, Harry didn't have to guess what Elena was thinking, he knew where her head was. She was struggling with having to give up soccer or rather she was struggling with thinking she had to give it up. Elena was used to being judged unfairly before Joey but the thought of someone judging her as a mother was far too much for her to take. She was the strongest, most well adjusted human Harry had ever known, but everyone has a line, that was Elena's.

Harry knew that a good portion of her feeling that way was his fault. He had been the one to start all of this with his irrationality. So it was time for him to make good on his promise and fix what he'd broken.

Harry set out two mugs and put tea bags in them. He turned to walk out of the kitchen. He stopped abruptly when he saw Elena come through the doorway.

"I made some tea..." He said as she walked towards him, "Or we can get some-" He was interrupted when she dipped her head and snuggled into his chest.

Harry was stunned but wrapped his arms around her. He pressed his mouth to the top of her head and then gently set his chin there,

"I was gonna say we could get some take out..."

Elena cuddled into him closer,

"I don't wanna go anywhere." She answered.

Harry nodded,

"Ok."

"Can you not let me go? That's really all I want right now."

"Think I can manage that." He answered.

Harry was quite sure Elena would've been content to stay standing there but a few minutes later the kettle started whistling on the stove indicating the water was ready. Elena lifted her head off of Harry's chest and glanced over her shoulder,

"What kind of tea?"

"Earl grey."

She went right back to cuddling into his chest,

"Later."

Harry couldn't help but smile. It had been so long since she'd found comfort in his arms, it felt great to have her there once again. He leaned over to turn the burner off.

"Where's Joey?" Elena asked softly.

"Niall and Randy wanted to babysit."

Elena lifted her head up to look at him,

"Should I be concerned?"

Harry breathed out a laugh,

"Randy is there in case Niall screws up."

Elena's eyes darted between Harry's mouth and his eyes. Harry knew that move well. His head instinctively dipped towards her mouth, his lips capturing hers moments later.

Elena had been holding her feelings in for so long her emotions overcame her. It had always been so easy to get lost in Harry and this was no different. His lips, his arms, his chest, his whole body...it was all so inviting. Something it hadn't been in so long.