Chapter 16

Andrea was about halfway through her steak and potatoes when she thought she heard Elena's name on the TV. She set down her phone as her ears perked up, glancing at Elena on the couch. By the look on Elena's face, she had also heard her name.

"America's Soccer Sweetheart and Britain's Boyband Heartthrob split? That's what our sources say. Friends of the couple tell us that Elena Bennett has moved out of Harry Styles' multi-million dollar London mansion and moved in with a friend."

Elena's eyes widened as pictures of them flashed across the screen. The sight of them in happier times made her heart hurt.

"This comes as a shock to those of us in the entertainment and sports community being that the couple seemed solid as little as a month ago when they announced the news that they were expecting. I guess nothing lasts forever. It looks like splitsville for this cute couple. We'll keep you updated with the latest on their relationship."

Andrea set her fork down while she waited for Elena to start yelling. When she was met with silence, she raised her eyebrows,

"Well, that was-"

"I don't wanna talk about it." Elena interrupted.

"Ben-"

"Andy, it's gossip crap."

"Gossip crap that comes pretty close to the truth." Andrea pointed out, "Who do you think said something?"

Elena shrugged,

"Hellifiknow. Or care. People talk. And given the fact that he's dating again..."

"You don't know they're dating." Andrea pointed out as she shoveled some eggs into her mouth.

"She was at his house for dinner. If it looks like a duck..."

"I hate that saying."

Elena let her phone drop to her lap in her hand as she gave Andrea an exasperated look,

"Can you stop please?"

"The two of you need to open the lines of communication."

Elena went back to scrolling through her phone,

"I tried. He was on a date." When Andrea shook her head, Elena continued, "Look, I'm not going to put myself in that situation again alright? It hurt too much."

"Don't you have another doctor appointment this week?"

"Yes." Elena answered.

"Won't he be there?"

"Yes."

Andrea raised her eyebrows. One word answers usually meant the conversation was over. When Elena stood up and walked into her room Andrea knew it was. She sighed and shook her head as she went back to her dinner.

---------------------

Harry was staring at the TV intently. Randy glanced between him and the screen while she waited for a reaction. Would he think she was the one who'd given up the gossip about he and Elena's relationship? Her heart was in her throat while she waited for his reaction.

Harry finally looked down at their empty dinner plates. He reached forward to grab them,

"Do you want dessert?"

Randy swallowed the last bite of her food as she glanced between him and the TV. She set her napkin on the table, leaning her elbows on the surface while she stared at the white cloth. Her mind swirled as she bounced back and forth between asking and not asking. But before she could stop herself, her mouth blurted out the question,