00

He was strange.

That was the first thing that caught his attention. He'd sit by himself in the same seat everyday. He wouldn't talk to anyone often, he'd always wear the same snap back, and a long sweater.

Perhaps he might be lonely. Is what Donghyuck thought to himself as occasionally, his gaze wondered and found its way in the boy's direction.

At times, he'd even find the other boy looking at him in the corner of his eye, making him abort his mission immediately and look elsewhere.

He was just intriguing in a way, a way Donghyuck couldn't put his finger on.

"Hey, I'm Hyuck...y'know that sits on the other side of the classroom," Is what he decided to go with when approaching he older. Though they've been in the same class for the pass month, this would be the first time Hyuck has talked to him.

"Hi..." He responded, as if he was confused. The younger too a seat next to him and smiled.

"Just thought we could be friends." He shrugged and pulled out his phone, "See? What's your number?"

"I don't have a phone, sorry."

What kind of teenager doesn't have a phone? Hyuck thought and slid his phone back into his pocket, a little disappointed.

They didn't talk much after that encounter. Simply after that, Donghyuck moved to his next class, not hearing another word from the other.

Until a few days later when, surprisingly, Renjun approached him first.

"Hey, Donghyuck, do you mind coming with me to the library? Just to return a book." He flashed a warming smile, convincing to Donghyuck.

Though, it was weird since the library was always closed on Wednesdays. He furrowed his brows, which Renjun must've noticed. Or even read his mind.

"I have a pass to get in. The librarian said I could return it during hall change after this period. So yeah?"

Hyuck gave in to his reasonable explanation, nodding happily. Maybe he wanted to be friends after all.

That's how Donghyuck found himself walking beside the older in the quiet hallway and loud unbroken silence shared between them.

"Donghyuck...why did you talk to me first?" The sudden question catching the younger by surprise.

"Oh, because you seemed lonely. Wait, no offense. But you looked like you could use a friend. And to your knowledge, I'm the best damn friend out there. Consider yourself lucky."

The older slightly smiled, stopping in front of the locked library doors, staring at the knob as if it'd open itself.

"Renjun?" Hyuck asked with a brow raised, waiting for the older to unlock the door with his pass. Though instead, he was just staring down at the door.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I have to get my pass." He laughed nervously and reached into his back pocket, moving to the side.

Donghyuck nodded his head, moving closer to the closed door to read the labels on the door. The specific words reading: Wednesday~ Closed/ No passes taken! Stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Hmm, it say passes can't be taken on Wednesday's. May be have to come tomorrow-" He muttered, then felt a pair if hands on his shoulders.

"Don't scream, I'll make it quick," he heard a whisper in his ear, and before he could even respond, he felt a sharp pain in his neck; like every ounce of him was being drained.

And that's when everything went black.