01

The room was pitch black, to the point where Donghyuck didn't even know whether his eyes were open or not. He sat up from what felt like he was on a bed, and tried looking around for any figure he could recognize.

A quick strain of his neck could be felt as he turned it into a direction, making him let out a small groan of pain. As his hand snaked to touch his neck, he felt something like a cloth wrapped around it firmly.

And his mouth ached as if his jaw was tiring out. Fear started to build as he heard footsteps outside the door of his isolated room. Then, a light flickered on, the only light peeking between the crack of the door and into the room.

The knob turned, the sound making him flinch, and a dark figure moved towards him as they whispered hushed words not even he could hear.

Hyuck started to panic, lifting his blanket over his head. But that only resulted in a small laugh beside him and a flick of a light that enlightened the whole room.

He slowly revealed himself with his disheveled hair and glossy eyes to see the other from earlier. A mixture of confusion and anger bursted to his surface.

"What the hell! Where am I? You bit me! Freak! Tell me where I am or I'll-"

"Shhh, your making my ears ring," he mumbled and placed his hands over his ears.

"Oh my god, am I being kidnapped? I am aren't I?! I'm not a person to be kidnapped! Seriously! I'm messy and loud and-"

"You're not being kidnapped." Renjun stated and sat on the edge of the bed, "Okay well...maybe-"

"What! I was nice to you! What did you do to me?! And why the fuck does my mouth hurt so much?!"

Renjun gently grabbed his jaw, and opened it slightly. A small smile ghosted on his lips as Hyuck spammed his mouth shut and turned his face the other way.

"Your fangs are coming in. It'll only hurt for about an hour more-"

"I'm sorry, my what!" Renjun squeezed his eyes shut and placed his hands over his ears once again.

"Can you quiet down? I have sensitive ears." He rolled his eyes at the shocked boy before him, placing his hand over his mouth before he could yell again.

"It's almost feeding time. You can't wear...that to the table when you meet my father. You're outfit is in the closet- Ow!"

He yelped as Donghyuck bit at the palm of his hand. The younger attempted to push the other out of the way, but only ended up being toppled on to the floor in a nimble motion.

"God, you're a feisty one. It's giving me a headache." Renjun mumbled while pinning his hands above his head.

"What did you do to me? W-Why do I feel so weak? Oh my god, was I drugged?!" Hyuck stuttered with terror.

"No, sweetheart," The look on the younger's face was hard to read, perhaps a mix of sadness and fright.

"What if I told you, you were now an immortal?" Donghyuck narrowed his eyes at him in puzzlement, "Specifically, vamp."

The look on the younger's face saddened the older. Renjun frowned, removing his hand to caress the other's cheek.

"Don't look so scared. It isn't that bad-" his words cut short when the younger pushed him off of him with his free hand.

"You're crazy! Don't touch me!"

He scurried on the floor, trying to stand up, but his legs felt weak for some reason. Like jelly and numb; every time he stood up, he fell back down.

"Stop it. You'll hurt yourself." He attempted to help the other up but he shooed his hand of assistance away and looked away.

"Your body isn't done adapting yet, which'll make you weak. You need to lay down."

Donghyuck crossed his arms, sticking his tongue out at the older that stood over him.

"Are you going to kill me or something? Just do it. I don't care anymore." Hyuck rambled under his breath.

"Woah, who said I was going to kill you? I mean...it is an option..." Renjun smirked, walking towards the balcony, the night being starry and dark. "But you're too pretty for that."

The younger narrowed his eyes at the other, hand brushing over his clothed neck.

"I bandaged it for you." He stated while opening the balcony doors and stepping into the darkness, "Your welcome."

"You aren't thanked," he mumbled, then paused once he seen the male step onto the railing of the balcony.

"I'll be back. Like I said, when I come back, you better be dressed and ready. Your outfit is in the closet." He turned his perspective at the younger sitting on the floor and smiled.

"And if you try to escape... I might just kill you after all."