07

Hyuck went to school without the older today due to Renjun having a family meeting. Something having to do with his father and ruling the blah blah blah.

But that didn't stop Renjun from following him. He let his head fall onto the desk as the bell rang. His friend beside him poked at his shoulder with a written question on his expression.

"Um, Hyuck, who's the big guy following you everywhere?"

Hyuck peeked over that the bodyguard who once introduced himself as Yuta this morning. He turned back to the younger and shrugged.

He wanted to be as distant as possible from any attention grabbing causes. Of course Renjun wouldn't let that happen, allowing such a muscular adult man follow him around school all day.

Well, he wasn't bad, Hyuck had to admit. He did follow the instruction to keep distance from him at times. And he got free piggy back rides so it's a win, lose situation.

"Sir- I mean, Donghyuck. It's time for lunch, Renjun packed this for you." The man smiled, handing him a mug.

"Hi Hyuck's escort! I'm Chenle!" He said enthusiastically, earning a wave back.

"Don't pay him any mind. Renjun sent him." Hyuck huffed, grabbing his things. Chenle cocked his head to the side.

"Oh? He must be...protective. How's it going between you two anyway?" He rambled, following the older and the man out of the classroom.

"It's okay? I guess. I don't know. He's complicated."

"But you're complicated too. Match made in heaven!"

"Shut up, Chenle." Hyuck sighed, walking down the hallway, "He's just very kept to himself. All I know is that he has family issues."

"Yeesh."

"Right. But I try not to interfere with that sector of information until he tells me personally." Chenle hummed in understanding.

Once arriving at the cafeteria, They sat down at the lunch table, of course with Yuta following their actions and sitting beside Hyuck.

"Hey guys!" Mark sat down, looking strangely at Hyuck then at the adult man beside him, "Who..."

"Don't ask." Hyuck interrupted, sighing then lazily bring the mug to his lips. Mark hummed, taking a sip from his own carton of milk.

Things have been pretty awkward between the three, being what happened the other day. Chenle would try to make conversation, and succeed, but the convo would quickly die down into silence.

And the uninvited guest only added to the awkward atmosphere.

"So...where's Renjun?" Mark asked, the question making Chenle groan and drop his head onto the table.

"Not here." Hyuck answered quickly. Communication wasn't so great between the two either as could be seen.

"Welp! Jisung wanted to meet me, um, in the library like..right now! Bye guys!" Chenle hurriedly escaped the tension between the two at the table successfully as he ran off elsewhere into the lunchroom.

Who the fuck is Jisung?" Mark chuckled, having the other join him with a laugh.

Yet again, the conversation died down, Hyuck awkwardly drinking from his mug while he leaned his head on the older beside him.

"We don't hang out anymore. It's almost like we forgot how to act around each other." Hyuck suddenly said with a laughed, Mark forcing one.

"Yeah..." Was the only thing he said, staring down at his lunch plate. Maybe that statement only made the tension worse, Hyuck began to think until Mark surprisingly spoke again.

"If you aren't busy, maybe we can hangout this afternoon. Go see a movie or something?"

The younger gasped, not meaning to show how happy he was about the whole idea. And not to mention that he really wants to. But Renjun would never let him. Not alone at least.

But he could always ditch the big guy and run off, right? Maybe propose a bargain? Hyuck bit his lip as he thought.

This would have to call for a full action plan.

"Oh, yeah! Of course I'll hang out with you this afternoon. Just the two of us." He grinned at the older across the table.

Yuta perked up at the conversation. Of course he was listening to their conversation; it's his job. Specially to watch over Hyuck.

"Sir, I don't think Mr.Huang would like you going out by yourself." He whispered down to the one leaning on his shoulder.

But Hyuck only made a gesture, he zipping then locking his lips, then pointing to the elder.

"Snitches get stitches, loser." He whispered, sticking his tongue out at him. Mark cleared his throat so they wouldn't forget that he was still there.

"So, Yeah?"

"Yup! You mind if I follow you right after school? Kinda just wanna be with you."

Mark rose his brows at that, not being able to hide back his smile.

"Yeah, yeah of course you can!" Donghyuck slammed his empty mug onto the lunch table, clearly happy about his afternoon hang out with Mark.

But he couldn't just ignore the death stares Yuta was hovering him over his shoulder.

"You're gonna be in so much trouble." He whispered to him, sounding more childish than he implied.

"No I won't because you won't anything. Do me a solid." He winked.