15

"It's not possible for Mark to be in vamp territory unless two reasons: A, he's a vamp himself or B, he's just looking for a death wish."

Renjun explained while buckling his seatbelt. They both sat in the back seat of their car while servant Xiaojun, he remembered, drove silently.

"But I've known Mark for like ever, he can't be a vampire. Plus he's too stupid to hide it."

"Or he could have created a whole different persona to trick you." The older shrugged warning an eye roll from the other.

"Okay so if he's a vampire then what?"

"Well, I honestly don't think he's a vampire at all. I've been around Mark and I've sensed nothing in his aura, he's has to be genuinely human."

"Renjun, you're confusing me."

"I'm saying I think Mark is pure human. I don't know how he's slipping into territory and not getting caught though.."

"But why would he be here?"

"Maybe he follows us here? To confess his undying crush for you," Renjun jokingly motioned a make out action causing Hyuck to slap his shoulder.

"Shut up."

"I'm joking, sort of. I don't know, Mark seemed to have wanted to take you from me ever since I met him. I could sense it."

"Renjun this is about Mark possibly being superhuman, not your imaginary love triangle."

"No I'm serious, and didn't you say he's been acting weird lately?"

"Doubt it. But if that were the case, why are we going to the Blood's mansion?"

"The Blood's have a huge library full of all of the nation's secrets, possibly a book for there could answer all of our questions."

"But Jeno isn't going to let you just come in-"

"That's why you're the bait. He already thinks you two have some kind of connection since you betrayed me and went to see him behind my back."

"Oh my god, I said sorry about that like 16 times-"

"He still thinks I don't know though. You go in there and pretend you want to join his lame ass side then sneak me in through the corridor of the basement. I drew a map so you'd know where to let me in."

"How do you know all of that?" Hyuck asked while observing the detailed map of the passageways of the Blood's manor.

"My mom used to take me there. She lived there half her life she knew every crevice of the land. Barely anyone went down there anyway."

"And you're sure, um," he discretely pointed to the male in the drivers seat, "won't say anything?"

"Xiaojun? Silent as a mouse and won't tell a soul." Renjun assured. The servant parked walking distance from mansion's entrance. It was late night and fog swarmed the area.

Hyuck watched as the other parted from him and started to make his way towards the back. Therefore it was time for him to play his part; he made his way towards the entrance and raised his fist and knocked on the door. It was almost instant when the door creaked open.

"Donghyuck..." the dark haired male muttered as if he was slightly surprised. He looked around to see it was only him then stepped to the side, "Come in."

Hyuck did so, hearing the other close and lock the doors behind him.

"I thought about what you said...last time." Hyuck started, "I wanted to hear more about joining your side."

"Took you long enough. Jae!" He smiled, calling the boy, "We have a guest."

It was easy just like Renjun said it would be, he was welcomed with open arms and Jeno walked him down the mansion hallway. The other went on and on but all he could think is how long Renjun would be waiting back there by the corridor.

It wasn't until twenty minutes of Jeno talking and Hyuck fake listening that he was finally able to sneak away down a different hallway. Jeno had finally left his side to see where Jaemin had went which gave him the perfect opportunity.

He followed the path Renjun's had drawn for him. It had led him down to the basement floor of the mansion where the lights were dimmed and the silence was intimidating.

He found the door that looked familiar to the map and unlocked it, the creaking of it almost scaring Hyuck shitless.

He took a peek, the door leading to the outside just the Renjun had said, but Renjun wasn't present. He squinted his eyes to see if he could make out anything in the darkness.

He then felt a hand land on his on the door knob causing him to almost screech in panic until the other placed his hand on his mouth.

"Shh, it's me." Renjun whispered but Hyuck was still hyperventilating from the shock the older had put him through, "I didn't expect you to follow directions that well." He said while slipping past Hyuck.

"Shut up, and you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"When we said join our side, we didn't say bring your boy toy with you." Jeno scowled. Hyuck didn't even notice that Jeno had followed him that long.

"I- look, I'm not here to join your side, Jeno-"

"We're here because we need a favor from you." Renjun joined in while stepping forward, "We need a look in your library, Donghyuck has worries and we need more knowledge on the topic."

"So I've been lied to? And why would I ever do you a favor?" The dark haired male looked the shorter from head to toe while saying, disgust present in his face.

"Because my partner is obviously anxious and restless. Put yourself in my shoes. You'd do the same for Jaemin."

Renjun already knew Jaemin was a sensitive topic for the other, seeing his brows unfurl and eyes shift.

"I'm only allowing you to because I like Donghyuck. I still hate you." Jeno muttered, opening the doors.

"Thanks Jeno." Hyuck smiled before following them into the room. It was just like Renjun has remembered, the large bookcases that towered him and dust still sat on top of them.

He already knew what shelf to go to, his memory never failing him. The shelf designated to the relationship between vamps in humans in their nation's early years.

The two scattered to look through the books on the shelf while Jeno payed close attention to the two in case of suspicion and Jaemin sat right beside him.

"Look it says here that years ago, humans used to be servants for vamps, and to decipher who was part of the work force they were sprayed with a liquid that hid any human scent. It was like they fit in, and we could tell who was intruding land." Renjun pointed at the words as he said.

"But that was years ago idiot, who's really still producing something like that?" Jeno rolled his eyes, he stood with his hands crossed and uninterested.

"The underground." Jaemin answered, "It's a place where they sell illegal stuff."

"So like, a black market?" Hyuck asked warning a nod from Jeno.

"Basically. So Mark could possibly have some sort of thing like that." Renjun said while still flipping through the pages.

"But why though? None of it makes sense." Hyuck tilted his head while thinking. He couldn't think of a single motive for why Mark would possess something like that.

But what he did know was that it was up to him to find out.

———-
This chapter was completely rushed I'm sorry :/