Chapter 16: Lost Hope

"Please stop. All of you. If your going to fight atleast take it outside the castle that's completely made of ice." Elsa cried, one out of her concern for jack who has yet to fully explore his powers and two because it would be extremely sad for something this beautiful to be destroyed within seconds.

"Are you serious? We're just trying to help you?" Jack said confused. Did she really care more about this castle then them.

"He wanted to challenge me I think it's only fair I give him what he asked for." Pitch said gleefully.

"This is stupid, this isn't even a fair fight. No offence Jack but he has more experience." Merida said trying to prevent the loss of a friend.

"Wow! So you don't think I could take him!" Jack was so angry that he raised his staff and shot an ice shard directly at Pitch.

"That was Pathetic. Quite sad really, you call that power." Pitch dodged it laughing like it was nothing.

All of a sudden the world went black...

Jacks POV
Before he knew it Jack wasn't with the group anymore. He was standing on a lake of ice and all he could hear was a cute little laugh that was all to familiar. It was his sister. But it couldn't be she was back at home. He felt a hand grab his and he instantly let go of all his concern and latched on to his sister.

"Jack, come skate with me. Let's play tag!" She said, gleefully.

Jack chased her around the ice over and over again feeling nothing but complete happiness when all of a sudden he saw her fall. The ice around her cracked and before he knew it she was in the water. He panicked and ran towards her terrified but he had to protect her. But when he tried to reach in to help the ice froze over.

"MARY!" He screamed. "HELP SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE." He started banging against the ice tears streaming down his cheeks.

He looked up at the sky and all he saw was a face made out of onyx shimmering dust.

Elsa POV
"What's happening? What are you doing to him?" Punzie screeched. "STOP PLEASE STOP YOU'RE HURTING HIM."

Jack knelt on the floor in front of them screaming with tears. He looked like he was about to have a complete breakdown.

"He started it, I'm finishing it. I'm simply showing him his greatest fear." He said with a slight little smirk.

"Pitch!" Elsa ran up to him and looked him in the eyes. "Just stop." She whispered. She stood there completely helpless hoping her words would end Jack's suffering. If he really cared for her he would listen.

"Okay. But you must agree to weekly visits to the castle with me and then I'll let him go."

"Fine, okay, just please let him go!" Elsa stuttered. He seemed so kind only a few seconds before but this is the side of Pitch that originally scared her. He could be so gentle and helpful and yet so cruel.

Jack slowly came back to them. In a complete daze he stood up.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MARY WHERE IS SHE?" Jack dashed towards Pitch but Hiccup and Merida blocked him.

"Nothing it was just a little snippet of what my powers could do. An illusion of what would be your worst nightmare."

"Just go! I'll come back later I promise. He won't hurt me." Elsa said. " As long as you don't attack him he won't attack you."

"But Elsa!" They all shouted.

"JUST GO. Please go live your lives, don't let me stop you. We can talk at school tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay." They all agreed. They all turned towards the castle door and slowly made there way out.

"Have a safe trip back." Pitch yelled to the distressed group of friends who all of a sudden felt useless...