#4

Bella

My head laid on my hand as I doodled on the front of my notebook. I clearly heard the chair next to me squeak but I didn't bother to look up.

"Hello again, Bella," she said from next to me.

I peaked my eyes up to see something that shocked me. Her eyes wasn't black; they were a bright gold. It probably had something to do with her eyes disease Jessica mentioned on my first day. "Rosalie," I smiled. "Didn't think you'd be back."

She suddenly looked guilty. "Yeah...I had to do something for our extended family in Alaska. I didn't know it would take a week."

I hummed and turned to the front of the class when Mr. Banner started talking. I tried to pay attention to her and what she was explaining. "Get started."

"Ladies first?" I asked, giving her my attention. Rosalie quickly ducked her head but looked though the microscope.

Too quickly, she answered, "Prophase." Rosalie started to reach for the slide but stopped and looked at me. "Did you want to check?"

"N-no," I stuttered. "I can do the next one." The blonde nodded at me and slid the microscope over to me. I changed the slides and peeked through the eyepiece. "Metaphase."

"Do you mind if I look?" she asked as I started to removed the slide. Her hand caught mine, to stop me, as she was speaking. Rosalie's fingers were ice cold. Which would make since because she did just come from outside, but we've been in the class for almost thirty minutes...she should be warming up.

Rosalie quickly pulled her hand away from mine but continued to reach for the microscope. "Sorry," she muttered. After she agreed with me, Rosalie asked for the last slide and I handed it to her without touching her hand. "Interphase." We wrote down the answer just as Mr. Banner appeared.

"Well Rosalie, didn't you think Isabella should get a chance?" He asked.

"Bella," she corrected with a scowl on her face, "corrected most of them actually."

Banner became red and looked at me. "Were you in advance placement in Phoenix?"

"Yeah." When I answered, I swore I saw Rosalie smile. "But I done it with whitefish blastula."

"I guess," he said after a moment, "it's a good thing you two are lab partners." He mumbled something else as he walked away. I started doodling on my notebook, trying not to look at the girl next to me.

After seconds in, I heard Rosalie take in a deep breath and say, "Too bad about the snow isn't it?" It sounded like she wanted to make conversation, not forcing herself. I cocked an eyebrow, wanting to know where she was getting at. "I saw you walking outside and you didn't look happy. Not a fan of the cold?"

"I don't mind it," I said honestly. "I'm just don't like the snow...or rain."

"So Forks must be a difficult place for you to live," she mused.

"It's...alright."

Rosalie seemed riveted at my response, for some reason I couldn't imagine. She's too beautiful, too distracting. She moved a piece of blonde hair behind her ear and looked at me from under her lashes. When her strange honey eyes locked onto mine, my heart stuttered painfully. I swore I saw her smile. "Well if you don't mind me asking, why did you move here?"

The full truth, or a lie? "It's kinda personal."

"Oh." Rosalie quickly started to apologize. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked--"

"It's fine, Rosalie. I just don't want to talk about it at the moment."

Rosalie nodded softly, and spoke a lot quieter. "I really hope you're not annoyed with me talking to you, Bella."

I smiled softly at her, easing her worries. "Of course not. I would never pass up a conversation with someone as beautiful as you." Did I seriously just say that?

Rosalie quickly turned her head away, making me think whatever friendship we almost had was ruined, but her cheek was lifted. She was smiling. And by the looks of it, largely.

Mr. Banner called the class to order then, making me sigh in relief. I could tell that I was blushing heavily. Rosalie still didn't face the class, only staring out the window, taking in deep breaths for some reason.

Rosalie slowly got up from her chair when the bell rang and gave me a shy glance. "I'll...see you tomorrow, Bella." She quickly walked out of the class not giving me another glance.

Hopefully I didn't fuck anything up.

_____________________________

I probably don't say this enough but I want to thank each and every one of you or not only following me, but for commenting and voting on my stories. Including my ghost readers as well. Even if it's one story or on all of them. If it wasn't for y'all, I probably would've stopped writing when Bella and the Stars was finished.

I love and appreciate each and every one of you!

Fun Fact #4; George T. Sampson: He received the first US patent for the mechanical clothes dryer.

Bye!