Keep Her Safe

JUGHEAD POV

I woke up the next morning to find Cheryl had a new car. I scoffed and saw checking it out and smiling. I stepped outside and groaned.

"Cheryl, What the heck is this?!"

"I bought myself a new car."

"Did you buy yourself a car or compel yourself a car?" I asked.

"I can't believe you think I would cheat in life of a car...so I compelled myself one! You want a ride to school, hobo?"

"No, I still need to get ready. I'll see you later though." I said walking away.

"Wait hobo!" Cheryl yelled. She got out of the car and gave a document.

"What's this?"

"The document on Betty's parents and brother's deaths. A bite to the neck, and all 3 of them? Yeah, this wasn't some dumb animal attack. I think Betty's family was killed my Vampires."

"Or Werewolves...covering their tracks." I said putting the file into my book bag."

"Do you think that whoever killed them, did it on purpose and not because they were just bloodthirsty?" Cheryl asked crossing her arms.

"I don't know, Cher. I can't really think about that right now."

"Then What are you thing about?"

"How I have a beautiful doppelgänger on my arm as we walk into Homecoming." I smiled. Cheryl rolled her eyes.

"Hobo, we have more important things to think about! Like the Coven that wants to kill Betty! Or how Betty's parents may have me murdered!" Cheryl cried. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Since when did you start to care about Betty?" I asked.

"I don't care! I just don't want her to get killed and then everything becomes strange! Get it together, Jones!" Cheryl yelled and then got in her car. She drove off and I sighed. I got on my motorcycle and I accidentally cut my palm. It was one long cut across my palm. Then it healed like it had never been hurt. I rode my motorcycle to school and ran inside. I saw Betty walking in the hallways. I ran up and put my arm around her.

"Hey Betts. You up for a milkshake at Pops after school today?" I smiled.

"As much I would love to, Jug...I have plans with Cheryl and Veronica." Betty said. I noticed a book in Betty's hand. It was Veronica's witch book.

"Where did you get that book?" I asked. Betty stopped in the hallway and pulled me into the Girls bathroom.

"I can't be in here, Be-"

"Look, Josie McCoy comes from a long line of the most powerful witches, The McCoys. I need to get her to be friends with us so she can help us keep the Coven away from Riverdale."

"No! What if you get hurt doing this?" I yelled.

"Jug, I don't want to do this neither. But I have to for the sake of my life and ever Supernatural being in it, including Polly." Betty said. I put my hands on her shoulders.

"Betty, I don't know if I can protect you anymore if you go down this road. I need you to continue life normally."

"Juggie! My life isn't normal anymore!" Betty cried out.

"I have a Vampire Boyfriend, A witch best-friend, and a Werewolf best friend. I can't go back to being the normal little girl that ate my spaghetti every Friday with her family and fixed Cars with her dad for fun. My life has changed, for good and bad!"

"You can drink my blood! Just in case something happens to you-"

"No! I don't want to be a Vampire! If I die, I die. Why would I want to drink your blood anyways?"

"So it can protect you when I can't!" I cried out. Betty smiled and put her hand on my face.

"Please, just let me do what I need to do." Betty smiled. The first bell rang which means that we have 10 more minutes to get to our class. Betty kisses me and then left the bathroom. I left the bathroom and went to the History classroom. Luckily Betty wasn't there yet but I saw Veronica.

"Psst, Veronica!" I said gritting my teeth. Veronica glared at me and then walked out into the hallways with me.

"Veronica, I swear! If Betty-"

"Jughead! She can make her own choices!"

"Not if her choices are gonna get her killed! Associating with the McCoys are a bad move!" I whispered loudly.

"There's nothing I can do about it, Jughead! Just let her do her thing. If Betty gets hurt, give her your blood."

"She says she doesn't want my blood, but I'll give it to her anyway."

"Wait...what?! You can't force he-"

"I can, Veronica! If she dies, it's my fault. I don't really care if she doesn't want to be a Vampire, I'll do what I can to keep her alive!" I yelled.

"Juggie..." I heard behind me. Betty was standing there looking mad at me. She walked passed me and grabbed Veronica's arm. They went into the classroom and I sighed. I am probably the worst person on this Earth.