The New Girl In Town

BETTY POV

I went to Principal Weatherbee to see if Jughead and I could run the Blue and Gold. We had done that last year. I ran into his the office.

"Principal Weatherbee?"

"What can I do for you, Ms. Cooper?"

"I'm here to ask if I could run the Blue and Gold with Jughead Jones again. I'll just take my ke-"

"I'm sorry, Betty. I'm afraid someone else had already wanted the Blue and Gold. You're going to have to talk to them."

"Who took it?"

"I can't say, but you can go see for yourself. She seemed very excited about it." Weatherbee smiled. I groaned and ran down the hallway. I ran to the Blue and Gold and I was surprised. It was Evelyn Evernever, the new girl.

"Oh hi! Would you like to join the Blue and Gold?" She smiled.

"I helped run the Blue and Gold last year. I was looking forward to running it again this year!"

"Oh, well...sorry, but it's mine now. What's your name? Maybe we can run it together? You could co-work with m-"

"No! I don't co-work, I'm the boss. My co-worker is my boyfriend and we work with the Blue and Gold. Therefore, you're not gonna own this place anymore!" I sassed and crossed my arms.

"Wait...you're Betty Cooper. You're friends with that doll, Sweetpea. I'm guessing you're dating Archie?"

"Jughead, you bimbo." I grunted.

"Wow, I'm just trying to get to know you. I now know that you're jealous hoe. I'm gonna keep the Blue and Gold, and possibly take Jughead from you too." Evelyn smiled.

"Stay away from my man." I said and I turned away. I was getting ready to walk away until she said something unbelievable.

"You're parents and brother were killed by that animal, right? Now you're living with your sister, Polly. My father runs a group and she talked to me about it. Polly wants to join my farm." Evelyn said. I turned around and walked up to her. I slapped her across the face and she gasped.

"Stay away from the people I love. Especially Polly and Jughead."

I walked out of the room and sighed. I made my way to lunch and all of my friends were at the table. I sat next to Jughead and Veronica.

"Hey Betts, did you get anything for lunch?" Jughead asked. I shook my head and sighed. Jughead took my hand.

"What's wrong?" Veronica asked.

"Well, apparently the Blue and Gold was just stolen from Jughead and I."

"By who?!" Cheryl gasped.

"The new chick, Evelyn Evernever. The crazy girl been here for one day, and already making my life miserable. I literally want to strangle someone." I cried.

"Me too! Live with the urge of being a werewolf!" Sweetpea smiled. We fist-bumped and then Kevin scoffed.

"Evelyn is a good person! She wants to introduce me to some boys in their group." Kevin said.

"Kev, I'm sorry but...have you lost your flippin mind?!" I yelled.

"See Evelyn told me to watch out for people like you. Pessimistic people. I'm trying to become more of an optimist and Betty is gonna stop that. You all should tell Betty that." Kevin said.

"I'm gonna take Kevin's side on this. What if the group is good? No offense, but you're a control freak." Toni nodded. I stood up and scoffed.

"You guys are not listening to me! She hated me before our conversation! Why though?! How does she know about me?!" I yelled. Jughead stood up.

"Betty, I'm listening to you. I loved the Blue and Gold but now...maybe we can start a different club?"

"Like what?"

"Maybe...we could mentor kids on Journalism or Creative Writing? Give them pieces of advice. Or we could start a Book Club?" Jughead asked and smiled. I shrugged and just walked away. The Blue and Gold was my safe place and now...I don't have it anymore. She's stealing my friends and my sister. This girl was asking for war.