I Have Changed

BETTY POV

"He...he killed 24 innocent people." I said sitting on my bed. It was Veronica and Cheryl in my room and we locked the door.

"Betty, it doesn't mean he doesn't love you." Veronica sighed.

"V! Look at this picture!" I said and showed her a picture from the autopsy. Veronica gagged and I cried.

"What if he thought about hurting me? What if he thinks about hurting me?"

"When I met Jughead in 1954, he was a wreck. I helped him get his act together though and he changed. He's made mistakes-"

"A mistake! 24 people died because of him!" I yelled and got up. I paced around the room and grabbed the whiskey bottle that Cheryl hides in her drawer. I started to chug it and then I got in a ball. Cheryl got up and stomped her foot.

"You know what?! This is being a Vampire, Betty! We're killers and hunters! We pray on humans for their blood! It's normal for us! If you can't handle it, then don't date Jughead." Cheryl yelled and then left the room. I looked at Veronica and she sighed. She took my hand and lifted me up.

"It's going to be ok, B. I know your heart is dropping just like James Charles's subscriber count...but it's going to be ok? It'll be fine." Veronica said. I smiled and nodded and she left the room. I needed a distraction and to get away from the troubles.

I got up and walked out of my room and knocked on the door to Sweetpea's room. He opened it and I looked in.

"Where's Jughead?" I asked.

"He's staying at a motel for tonight. W-" Sweetpea began. I interrupted him by kissing him. I wrapped my arms around him. It was nice. But it was the biggest mistake I would ever make.