I Have To Go Back

BETTY POV

"Archie, how did you find me?!" I cried out.

"Your Instagram and your Snapchat. Betty, you have to go back to Riverdale with me." Archie said. I shook my head and groaned.

"I can't! I have a life and a job. How do you even know about the evil?" I crossed my arms.

"15 murders in the past week. 1 survivor was in the hospital and said it was black smoke and claimed his name was-"

"Seth." I said. "Look Arch, I want to help. But I have a boyfriend and a good job! I can't think about anything else. We're not kids anymore." I sighed. I walked back to my computer and he followed me there.

"Betty, you're a Vampire. All of us need to take on Seth and defeat him-"

"Are you serious? My boss is kind of mean and I'm living an average life. I say, you ignore what's happening and move away."

"What happened to you? What happened to the Betty Cooper I knew? The one that cared what happened to people?"

"She grew up, mentally. There's nothing for me in Riverdale. I don't have any friends there-" I began. Archie was quick to interrupt me though.

"You have us! Jughead, Veronica, Sweetpea, Me-" Archie yelled.

"All people I haven't talked to in 5-years. You guys aren't my friends anymore. If I go, you have to promise me something." I said.

"Ok, what is it?"

"We kill Seth. Then we go back to our normal lives and you never make contact with me ever again. You understand?" I held out my hand. Archie nodded and we shook hands. I printed out my article and then wrote my boss an email saying I needed 3-weeks off. I got us a taxi and we got to my apartment.

"Archie, stay out here. Let me go pack my bag and then get us a taxi. I'm guessing you took an airplane here?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Alright, stay here. Don't let anyone rob you." I said. I ran into the apartment building and to the elevator. I went up a few floors then went to my apartment. Lewis was on the couch crying.

"Hey Babe, The ending of 'Stranger Things' season 3 is so sad! I'll make us ice cream." Lewis sobbed. I weakly smiled and sat next to him.

"Lew, I have to go out of town for a few weeks."

"Is everything ok, Betty?"

"Yeah! Everything is ok. Just some stuff came up in my hometown and I have to go take care of it."

"I'll come with you."

"No! You stay here. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can. I love you." I smiled. We kissed and then I went into my room and packed my suitcase. I grabbed my suitcase and purse and left the apartment. Archie was still outside whistling and I shrugged. We got in a taxi and then we made our way to the airport. We got plane tickets to the closest place we could.

"You got plane tickets to Ohio! That's a long time away from Riverdale!" Archie cried out.

"We don't have any other choice. Ohio flight leaves in a couple hours so we can just wait here for now." I shrugged and sat down. Archie sat next to me and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You know how Juniper and Dagwood were babies when you left and Jughead promised he would put them in a caring home?" Archie smiled. The aging caught up with Jason and he died. The twins had no parents.

"Yeah, Arch. What about it?"

"Well, we've been raising them. My dad, Jughead, and I. They call me, Dad. Even though I'm not their Dad. But they're like my kids. Then there's, Uncle Jughead. They adore Uncle Jughead. Then, there's Grandpa Andrews. But Grandpa Andrews passed away a year ago."

"I heard about that. I'm sorry for your loss, Arch." I said and took his hand. Archie sighed and weakly smiled.

"His last wish was to see all of the kids again. Me, Jughead, Sweetpea, Veronica, Cheryl, Toni, and everyone. Hardly any of you guys showed up. It was Jughead, Sweetpea, and I. Why didn't you come?" Archie asked.

"I don't know. I'm sorry." I said. We waited a couple hours and then hour flight was boarding. We didn't say anything to each other on the the plane. It was too awkward. Also, Washington and Pennsylvania were far away so I was in different time zones again. We got a cab to Riverdale and I saw that rusty sign.

"RIVERDALE: The Town With Pep!"

This was giving me Déjà vu. This was really annoying.

We pulled up to the Andrews house and paid the taxi driver. We went into the house and there was something different about it. It was more quiet and much cleaner. Probably because less people were here.

"Betty, we have two guest bedrooms now so you can take one of those. It's 6:30AM so nobody is awake yet. Feel free to sleep." Archie whispered and took off his coat. He hung it up and then he hung up my coat too. I went upstairs quietly and went into my old bedroom. It was so different and didn't look like anyone had been in there. I set my suitcase down and then took off my shoes. I closed the door and sat on my bed. I looked around the room and it was so cold. Jughead always did like the house cold. I laid in the bed and then went to sleep. I woke up soon though and checked the time. It was 7:15AM. I walked downstairs and smiled.

Juniper and Dagwood were sitting at the table in the kitchen and Archie was cooking. I walked into the kitchen and the kids seemed surprised.

"Who are you?" Dagwood asked me.

"That is your Aunt Betty. Shake her hand, don't be shy. Also, Juniper make sure you take  your inhaler and is your one at the nurse's office still good?" Archie asked Juniper. She nodded and the held out her hand and focused on salt shaker. All of a sudden, the salt shaker flew into her hand and she put salt on her eggs.

"Hey! No magic in the kitchen! You guys are 6-years old and know how to do so much. What's our number 1 rule?"

"No magic in public places!" Dagwood and Juniper yelled at the same time.

"I picked out outfits for you guys and I put them on your beds. Once you have your clothes on, go brush your teeth. Juniper, once again, take 2 breaths from your inhaler and then brush your hair. Dagwood, comb your hair and make sure you have your homework from last night." Archie said. The kids laughed and then ran off. I smiled and Archie groaned.

"Those kids are a handful!" Archie chuckled. "Cheryl and you didn't want to take care of them so I did it. We're happy and they're happy."

"Good morning, Arch." I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and it was Jughead. His hair was super messy and he was in an S-t-shirt and plaid pajama shorts.

"Hi Betty." Jughead said.

"Hi Jughead." I weakly smiled. Archie looked at both of us and scoffed.

"I will not allow this! You guys are not going to be boyfriend and girlfriend, at least be friends. I will not stand this awkwardness!" Archie yelled and took a sip of his coffee. Archie walked to the front door and the kids ran downstairs. He hugged each of the kids and kissed their heads.

"I love you guys. Have a wonderful day at school. If you guys need something, go the the office and call me." Archie said. He opened the door and let the kids outside and they got on the bus. Archie went upstairs and Jughead and I were alone.

"Do you wanna go to Pops?" Jughead asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I'd like that very much."