Chapter 19 - Boy or Girl?

Next upload on hold until: 30 Votes and 30 Comments! :)

                                                                          ~* ~ *~

         I stare into my baby's father's eyes in nothing but pure shock and definite confusion, not even knowing how to respond to what he has said. Every since I found out I was pregnant I've been wanting to go with adoption and it seemed as if eveyrone was against me; the entire world. My mother disagreed with me, Jeremy didn't care the least bit which was good in a way, and most of all Caleb was completely against giving our baby away.

         But now this is going on? This is happening? I finally got told the worst news from my aunt saying I cannot return to England as pregnant or with a baby, which made me change my mind completely. I can either do adoption, or leave the baby here with Caleb or my mother, and I was actually starting to be alright with the idea of it.

        But as I look into his sad and hopeless eyes, is when I can't believe all of a sudden he has changed his mind. This makes me happy because now another door has opened for us, but also makes me sad and depressed at the same time. I now simply don't know what to do, but tell him the truth.

        "Caleb," I softly say to him, slightly shaking my head as he stares down into my eyes.

          "I don't need to hear a lecture Bella," he rushes out, speaking over me. "I know you're right. So let's just please leave it at that."

          "I wanted to have the baby," I honestly let out in a soft whisper as his face drops.

         "W-what?" He demands, actually sounding a bit harsh. "What're you talking about?"

      I carefully release a small breath before folding my arms across my chest. "I've just been thinking for the past few weeks and I realized maybe keeping the baby would be a good choice."

          Caleb narrows his eyes and parts his lips for a while, and then steps closer. "But Bella, you were so against keeping it. What made you change your mind all of a sudden? You're fucking giving me whiplash."

       "I know," I quietly admit to him, glancing down at my slippers as I sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm so confused now that you just told me all of that.

       "Well I thought about it," he barely gets out, his voice huskey and deep, and also very emotional. "And the only way I'd want to keep it, and raise it, is if you're right by my side..."

            I stare deep into his widened and hurt eyes as I anxiously gulp. "Caleb," I whisper, trying to catch my breath but my breathing is now so irregular from being so confused and stunned. "I was finally getting used to the idea of keeping the baby, but I was thinking I could leave it with you... Or my mom," I softly rush out. "Just to make you both happy. You have just as much rights as I do. . ."

          "But if you're leaving and going out of the country, I don't want to be a single dad," he quickly states, looking angry as I hold my breath. He steps closer to me, and stares into my eyes.

           "I understand--"

           "Will you stay?" He suddenly asks me, as my heart nearly drops with sadness. "For me? For the baby? We can be a family maybe and. . ." He stops talking, and I get confused.

            I quietly question him,"And what?"

          "You don't want to stay in the US, do you?" Caleb finally asks, his tone gentle and calm.