IX

"Good news Ms.Howell. We have your test results back and from what I've seen your all healed." My doctor gave me a genuine smile.

"Does that mean I can finally use my Lightning God?" My tone was cold but I didn't feel bad because I had to haul my ass up here at like 6 in the morning just to be stabbed with a whole bunch of needles. But I mean I've been through worse so there's nothing I can really do.🤷🏽‍♀️

He looked a little taken aback by my tone. "O-oh yes it does."

Ugh, why the fuck does he have to look so dejected?

*sigh*"Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be an asshole. It's just that I'm not really a morning person and it's hard for me this early." I push my curly locks out of my face and look up to the doc's eyes so he knows I mean it.

That seemed to brighten the mood. His eyes were full of life again. "Don't worry about it! I understand completely!"

"Good."

"Ummm. Ms.Howell there is something I would like to ask you."

"Shoot."

"O-ok, do one of your quirks possess a healing ability?" He was sat in his stool with his hands fidgeting in his lap.

How does he know that?

"Why do you say that?" I use my words cautiously.

"Well....when I looked at your charts from over the past few check-ups you've had in these past few weeks, the fact that you're healed by now is not what has me curious."

"Then what does." Now my interest is peaked.

"You're completely healed....." he had a long pause.

"Isn't that a good thing? I'm confused." I think he may just be rambling.

"Don't get me wrong, that's great news. However, when I say completely healed, I mean like COMPLETELY. As in it doesn't even look like there was any damage to your organs at all. Like no scaring or remanence of any significant trauma, which we both know you fried your organs. So the only way for this to be possible is if one of your quirks have healing traits. Did I guess right?" He spoke with this sudden confidence as if he already knew just how right he was.

"Uhhhhhh. Yea actually, you hit the nail on the head." I say with a slight chuckle in my voice.

"That's very impressive Ms.Howell. The fact that you could heal yourself so well after how much damage you caused is amazing." I could tell what he was saying was genuine. It was in his eyes, pure curiosity, and amazement.

"Thanks, I guess. But I only found out I could do this a little while ago so I'm not able to heal stuff quickly. In fact, I had to sit in the tub till even my ass was proony, to get the pain in my gut to stop without meds." I say with a shrug and an uncomfortable face just remembering the experience.

"Haha. Well, that's to be expected if you only learned about it recently. But may I ask just one more question?"

"Might as well." I gesture lazily with my hand to go on.

"Are you able to use your healing power on other people?" His brow raises. I just go with a simple nod. He tilts his head down while holding his chin, brows furrowed with thought while he mumbles under his breath. "That's quite astonishing. If she were able to control her powers to the point of being able to heal life-threatening injuries while also having the attack power she currently has along with what she will gain, she'll be a pretty good hero......"

The way he's mumbling reminds me of a certain green-headed someone.

"Hehe." I let out a low giggle while shaking my head.