Why did you save me?

My mind felt like a barren, cold room. No thoughts, no fear, no happiness, nothing. Is this what death feels like? Am I dead...? I have always believed in God, a higher power. I had always believed what my pastor taught every Sunday morning. "When you die, you either go to Heaven or Hell" his words echoed throughout my mind. Am I waiting on someone to take me to Heaven or Hell? Or am I trapped in my own mind, held prisoner for the rest of eternity? Is this what my father faced when he died?

"Saphire..." A deep, husky male voice called out to me. His words forming a hole in my prison walls, reaching down and pulling me out. Slowly but surely the buzzing of the street lights filled my ears once again. I was coming back to consciousness... But is that what I really want? Maybe if I stay dead I can escape all of my problems, my psychotic workaholic of a mother, my fathers cold, blue face haunting my dreams... I can escape it all. I don't want to live anymore. "Saphire get up." The mans voice called out again. But, I didn't want to get up. I wasn't going to get up. It's not worth it anymore. "Saphire for the love of God if you don't get the fuck up I'm going to possess you and force you back into consciousness."

As those words echoed throughout my mind, I finally felt something. Fear. Did he say that he was going to 'possess' me? My eyelids must have weighed 100Ib's each. But, I lifted them anyway. The soft yellow streetlights filled my vision, along with a nice pair of glowing blood red eyes. The man with the sinister smile has red eyes just like this mans, but this man was not the man with the sinister smile. For this man, was the most breathtakingly gorgeous being I have ever laid eyes on. A thick pair of chocolate brown eyebrows were furrowed over his beautiful, but frightening eyes. His strong, clenched jawline was covered in small stubble. He had the perfect "I just got out of bed" hairstyle, and let me tell you... He wore it well.

I was suddenly pulled out of my seemingly drunken haze as reality finally set in. I was just faced with near death. The last thing I saw before I went unconscious was The Man with the Sinister smile hovering over my face, ready to murder me. Where did he go? Why am I alive right now? Who is this man? Why does he have red eyes? Is he going to kill me? Millions upon millions of questioned flooded my mind, causing a hurricane of horrifying thoughts. This hurricane of horror was destroying every brick I have put in my mental wall. Every emotion that I have held down over the years was finally surfacing, and it wasn't pretty. Before I even realized exactly what was happening, a broken sob racked my small form. This, didn't make the beautiful man happy.

"Saphire calm down." He murmured soothingly. A strong, upset look slowly invaded his features. No matter how much he tried to hide it... It was clear that he was worried by my outburst. My body shook with violent tremors as I cried. I couldn't stop it no matter how much I tried. I was too scared, too confused, and too hurt to find the will to stop crying. "Please don't hurt me" I managed to force through my sobs. His worried features disappeared instantly. A stone cold facade revealing zero emotions replaced it. My cries came to a small whimper as I prepared myself for the pain, but surprisingly... it never came.

"My name is Gage. You have no reason to worry at the moment. I won't hurt you... Not yet at least. Morpheus was cast away, you are safe." He spoke with such confidence, such power. It amazed me how seemingly strong he was. But, who was Morpheus, and where did he go? Was Morpheus the Man With the Sinister Smile? Gage was not Human, that much was clear. But what was he if not Human? An annoyed look crossed over his features. "Yes. Morpheus is the Man With the Sinister Smile. You needn't worry about where he went, or what I am. Get back inside before your mother starts to worry." Did... Did he just read my mind? Discomfort filtered through my body. I wasn't alone in my mind, and that was a new feeling.

It was at that very moment that I realized how ignorant we, the Human race truthfully are. Here we are, building all of these large buildings, making ungodly technological advances, and ignoring what was really around us. We have yet to realize that we aren't alone on Earth, and in the Universe. And the observant people that have figured at out, were passed of as mentally unstable or "crazy". A beautiful smile crept it's way onto Gage's face, pulling me out of my whirlwind of thoughts. "You're a smart girl. You'll figure it out. Until we meet again, Αντίο αγάπη μου."