Chapter 6

When we were done for the day, Jake and I went back to our human bodies and I left him to go deal with Quaritch and Selfridge by himself. I wasn't going to be part of their crap any longer. As soon as I could, I went to Grace. "Grace, Selfridge and Quaritch are using Jake to get an in with the Omaticaya. They want him to convince them to leave Hometree." I told her quietly.

"What? How do you know that?" She asked.

"Quaritch called me to talk to him with Jake. Jake agreed to it for me. I tried to persuade them to talk to the Omaticaya and work something out, but Quaritch wasn't having it, he spoke over my suggestion. We need to get Jake away from them. If he gives them any more information then we can kiss learning about the Omaticaya and the planet goodbye; Quaritch will kill all of them if he gets the change." As soon as I was finished speaking, max ran in and told us that Jake was telling Quaritch and Selfridge all about the structure of Hometree.

"Pack your stuff, kid, we're heading out." Grace decided. I nodded to let her see I understood and ran off to my room. As soon as I was in, I packed my duffel bag and raced back to the lab.

"So, where are we going?" I heard Jake ask as he rolled into the lab.

"Getting out of dodge. I'm not about to let Selfridge and Quaritch micro-manage this thing. There's a mobile link way up in the mountains." Grace answered.

"The Hallelujah Mountains?" Norm questioned excitedly.

"That's right."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"Yes!" Norm enthused. 'I remember reading about the Hallelujah Mountains.'

"Norm, you have to promise you'll describe the mountains to me. I don't think I'll get a chance to see them in my Avatar." I requested, reaching out to where I heard his voice from.

"You got it, Titania. This is gonna be epic... The legendary floating mountains of Pandora. Heard of them?' Norm sassed at Jake - I could tell from the tone his voice took.