Chapter 12

"What's going on brother? Long time, no see." I heard Trudy's voice from where we were being held in a cell. "Personally, I don't feel theses tree-hugging traitors deserve steak." 'That ploy? Good.'

"They get steak? Let me see." Our guard demanded.

"Yeah. You know what that is. Down. All the way down." As soon as I heard the hit connect, I stood to my feet. "Max!" Trudy called. 'Yes. We can do this.' We were released from the cell and running, my hand wrapped tight in Grace's shirt so I could keep up.

"Trudy, fire up the ship! Go!" I heard Jake order. When we finally go to Trudy's Scorpion after putting on oxygen masks, I climbed in first to help Grace and Norm lift Jake into the ship. Once I knew he and his chair were secure, I took cover when a gun fired at us.

"I'm taking fire! LEt's go!" Trudy shouted. Een when the others cheered that we'd gotten away, I had a bad feeling.

"Grace is hit." Jake's words threw a knife in my gut and I couldn't do anything to help.

I stayed with Grace and Jake in the lin outpost while we moved it, keeping pressure on Graces wound and giving her water when she needed it. "Ouch."

"Big baby. We're gonna get you some help, Grace."

"I'm a scientist. I don't believe in fairy tales."

"Look at it this way, we're gonna download all your data from your brain, and upload it into your Avatar, permanently. No fairy tale required. The People can help you." I spoke up for the first time.

"Why would they help us?" Grace asked.

When we finally landed, Jake and I started up the links to get moving. "What's the plan here, Jake?" Norm questioned.

"There's no plan."

"Tsu'tey is Olo'eyktan now. He's not gonna let you near that place." Norm argued.

"I gotta try."

"We'll figure something out Norm." I assured him before settling down in the link.

As soon as I woke up in my Avatar, I coughed out the ash in my lungs and got to my feet. "Jake!" I shouted, searching for where he'd fallen.

"Here! Titania, over here!" I followed his voice, finally finding him as our ikrans landed at our sides. "There's something we gotta do. You're not gonna like it." Jake spoke to his ikran.

"What are you thinking, Jake?"

"I'm gonna bond with the Last Shadow."

"Taruk Macto? Be careful, Jake. I'll meet you there. I have my own plan." While Jake went one way, I connected with Peyä'ite and went another.

I made it to the Tree of Souls just after Jake did  on a toruk, with Zasha's family following behind me. I had been able to make a bond with all of them, and they agreed to help. Jake and Neytiri had already reunited, and he was speaking to Tsu'tey when I separated from Peyä'ite. "Tsu'tey, son of Ateyo, I stand before you ready to serve the Omaticaya people. You are Olo-eyktan, and you are a great warrior. I can't do this without you."

"Toruk Makto, I will fly with you." Tsu'tey accepted him.

"Olo'eyktan. Will you allow me to Stay with The People and fight?" I spoke up, kneeling where I had landed. I waited in agonizing silence for his answer.

"Stand, Titania. You kneel to no one."

"My friend is drying. Grace is dying." Jake brought to their attention, "I beg the help of Eywa."