Chapter 7

"They're incredible. They're all literally floating in the air. Vines and plants are hanging off of them. There's a lot of fog surrounding everything so it's difficult to see. But they're really amazing, Titania. I wish you could see their majesty for yourself." Norm narrated for me. 'Me too, Norm. Me too.'

"We're getting close." I barely heard Grace tell us.

"Yeah, look at my instruments." Trudy commented.

"Are they wonky?" I asked.

"Yep. We're in the Flux Vortex." Grace commented.

"We're VFR from here on."

"What's VFR?" Norm questioned Trudy.

"Means you gotta see where you're going."

"You can't see anything."

"Exactly. Ain't that a bitch?" Trudy joked.

"Welcome to my regular life, ladies and gents." I put in, unsubtly reminding them that I was still there.

"Sorry, Blake." Trudy apologized. We flew for a bit longer before we finally touched down and I was led inside through waist-high grass. Once our things were set inside, Grace explained where we would be staying, placing me in a bunk directly across from the link she assigned me. I took a few minutes to familiarize myself with the outpost before joining the others by the fridge.

"We ready to go?" I asked, ready to be back in my Avatar again.

"Sure. Let's link up."

As soon as we were back, Neytiri and Tsu'tey told Jake and I that Neytiri would be going on a hunt, and led us to the top of Hometree. "It's so beautiful up here." I whispered in awe.

"You act as if you have not seen such things in a long time." Tsu'tey commented, pulling me away from Jake and Neytiri to a more secluded spot.

"Back where Jake and I are from, I was blinded many years ago. I was caught off guard by an enemy, and where I was hit removed my eyesight. When I came here, that was fixed. I am able to see such wonders here that even if I had my sight before I came here, I would not have seen. A very long time has past since the people I called mine tended to our home like they should. It still amazes me how beautiful Pandora can be." I answered honestly.

"Look." Tsu'tey inclined his chin behind me and I turned just in time to see an ikran land in front of Neytiri.

"Is that her ikran?"

"Yes. She will stay with Neytiri for life. Once the bond is made with your ikran, it can only be broken by death."

"When can I bond with an ikran? That looks much more my speed."

"When I decide you are ready to find your ikran and become taronyu." Tsu'tey tried to brush off my enthusiasm by being rude.

"Then teach me everything you know." I demand, a thousand meg-watt smile trying to break my face.

"Don't you want JakeSully to train with you?"

"You're not Jake's teacher, just like Neytiri is not mine. Jake will only slow down my progress. Teach me everything." I asserted.