Episode 5

Fan Fiction

Sam: Dean, there's nothing here to even remotely suggest there's a case.

Dean: There is nothing here to even remotely suggest there isn't a case. Boom.

Sam: C'mon man.

Dean: Sam, out there hunting, it's the only normal I know. We got work to do.  

Dean: I'm gonna throw up.

Sam: I mean I gotta say, it's kinda charming. The-the production value, and the... No? No. No. I'm gonna check for EMF, you-you look for, uh cursed objects.  

Dean: What are they doing?

Marie: Oh, uh they're rehearsing the "BM" scene.

Dean: The bowel movement scene?

Marie: No, the boy melodrama scene... You know the scene where the boys get together and their driving or leaning against Baby, drinking a beer, sharing their feelings. The two of them alone, but together- bonded, united, the power of their pain is-

Dean: Why are they standing so close together?

Marie: Reasons.

Dean: You know they're brothers, right.

Marie: Well, duh. But subtext.

Dean: Why don't you take a sub-step back ladies!  

Dean: You wrote your own ending, with spaceships.

Marie: And robots, and some ninjas, and then Dean becomes a woman... It's just for a few scenes.  

Dean: Alright Shakespeare you know that I can actually tell you what really happened with Sam and Dean. A friend of mine hooked me up with the unpublished-unpublished books. So Sam came back from Hell, but without his soul, and Cas brought in a bunch of Leviathans from Purgatory. They lost Bobby, and then Cas and Dean got stuck in Purgatory, Sam hit a dog. Uh, they met a prophet named Kevin, they lost him too. Then Sam underwent a series of trials, in an attempt to close the Gates of Hell, which nearly cost him his life. And Dean, he became a demon, a Knight of Hell actually.

Marie: Wow.

Dean: Yup.

Marie: That is some of the worst fanfiction I have ever heard. I mean seriously where did your friend find this garbage? And not saying that ours is a masterpiece or anything, but jeez. I'll have to send you some fic links later.  

Marie: It's all my fault, if I hadn't written this dumb play none of this would have happened.

Dean: Okay, well first of all, the play's not dumb.

Maeve: I thought you didn't believe in this interpretation.

Dean: Yeah, I don't. Like at all. But you do, okay. And I need you to believe in it with all you got. So we can kill Calliope and save all your friends. Can you do that.

Marie: Yeah. You're right. If Sam and Dean were real, they wouldn't back down from a fight, especially my sweet, brave, selfless Sam. There's nothing he can't do.  

Calliope: Supernatural has everything. Life, death, resurrection, redemption, but above all, family. All set to music you can really tap your toe to. It isn't some meandering piece of genre dreck, it's... epic.  

Marie: Dean? You never should've thrown this away. (Samulet)

Dean: It never really worked. I don't need a symbol to remind me how I feel about my brother.  

Siobhan playing Dean: You're right Sammy, out on the road, just the two of us.

Marie playing Sam: The two of us against the world!

Sam: What she said.  

Marie: Hi. Thank you so much for coming, I know the second act is a little bit wonky and the first act has some issues, but... what did you think?

Chuck: Not bad.