Episode 9

The Things We Left Behind

Castiel: I'm not your father.

Claire: Right. I'm not your father. those are first words you said to me, remember?  

Claire: My Dad, is he still in there?

Castiel: No, the human soul it can only occupy a body while it retains a certain structural integrity, and this vessel it was, it was ripped apart on a sub-atomic level by an archangel.

Claire: Then how are you-

Castiel: I was reassembled; your father is in Heaven.

Claire: Well, yay for him. Anyway good talk, you can get the hell out of my life now.  

Claire: You changed. The Castiel I met, he was crappy, like super stuck-up and a dick and you just wanted to punch him in his stupid angel face.  

Castiel: Yes, well... before I was very self assured. I was convinced I was on this righteous path. Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it's just people trying to do their best in a world where is far to easy to do your worst.

Claire: Wow, deep.

Castiel: Yeah, for a doof.  

Dean: This is why you called us, this is your emergency?

Castiel: Yes.

Dean: No Cas, an emergency is a dead body, okay or a wigged out angel, or the Apocalypse take three. Some chick bolting on you is no emergency, that's every Friday night for Sam.  

Crowley: She was a horrible mother. Did I tell you the time that she almost traded me for three pigs, three! I was an attractive child, I could juggle. I was worth five pigs, at least.

Gerald: My Ma used to burn me with cigarettes.

Crowley: Nobody cares Gerald. Don't get me started about the name, Fergus. Sounds like venereal disease, and not the fun kind.  

Claire: You want to talk to me about wrong? You killed my Dad, is that wrong enough for you?

Castiel: No I didn't.

Claire: Really? Because without you he'd still be here, and my Mom would still be around.  

Sam: Hold on a second.

Claire: Why, like you don't have it coming? You just stood there while this monster took my Dad. I used to pray to you Castiel, every night. I would beg you to bring him home safe.

Castiel: I know.

Claire: You know. My father was a good man. In what messed up world does he die and you get to live?  

Crowley: You said, you'd be back in a flash and then you disappeared, I was eight-years-old, eight!

Rowena: Oh now, you're being dramatic.

Crowley: I didn't even have a father!

Rowena: Of course you had a father. You were just conceived during a winter solstice orgy, and it's not like I was taking names.  

Dean: We know John Winchester isn't going to win any #1 Dad awards, but damn if he wasn't there when we needed him.

Sam: Hey, uh, tell him about that time in New York.

Dean: Oh Yeah... Yeah, okay so, ah. We were working this haunting in Long Island, and me and Sam begged the old man to let us go to the city, for once.

Sam: He had this thing about New York; too big, too loud, too dirty.

Dean: And he hated the Yankees.

Sam: Big time, yeah.  

Dean: So I get there, I sneak in, and it is nuts. I mean people are drinking, and they're smoking, and they're snorting whatever. There's a 500 pound guy on the stage with mohawk just screaming. My mind is blown I don't even know what to do. Then this girl walks up, and she's 'Hey why don't come over sit down with me and my friends at this table,' 'yeah, alright.'

Sam: Yeah and they get him drunk. First time.

Dean: But not fun drunk, I'm not quite sure what was in that stuff, but the room starts to spin, and I feel like I'm going to puke forever. Right about that time, I hear him. 'Dean Winchester!' My old man, I don't know how but he found me. And now I'm really freaking out, because he's just standing there not saying anything, and I look around everyone else is freaking out too in fact no one is looking him in the eye, then finally this one guy with like a safety pin in his nose and a 'kill everything' tattoo looks up and he says 'sorry sir.' Yeah, 'sorry sir' heh. To John frickin' Winchester.

Castiel: He saved you.

Dean: Yeah and you know what he got for that? Me whining about how much he embarrassed me. Me telling him that I hated him. But then he stopped and turned around looked at me and said, 'Son, you don't like me? That's fine. It's not my job to be liked.'
Sam: 'It's my job to raise you right.'

Dean: Yeah. And he did.  

Randy: That's a joke, right? Claire's like family to me.

Salinger: Please! I know the con, alright? You find some kid with Major League daddy issues and then get her to steal for you. Cut the proud papa act. I'll make you a good deal.

Randy: Like I said, Claire's family... So it better be a damn good deal.  

Sam: Dean, Dean hey. Tell me you had to do this.

Dean: I did-I didn't mean to.

Sam: No. Tell me it was them or you!