Snicket sibilings: The Taxi.

A/N this takes place when Jacques and Kit are thirteen and Lemony is twelve. This is how Jacques got his iconic taxi.

The Snickets were usually well behaved children; Smart, Cunning and Charming so of course they made excellent volunteers. But as they were being chased by someone twice Jacques size (Him being the oldest by four minutes and tallest by four inches) he knew that this might be an unfortunate situation.

As the trio ran for their life's he spotted something a clearly abandoned bright yellow taxi, usually he would look away but this was something he could use (Jacques was and interesting toddler doing thing such as hot wiring and driving his fathers car around their property at the ripe age of three, with Kit by his side as per always, though he could barely see over the dash board he quite the driver.)

He yelled to his brother and sister to follow him and they did with only slight protest from Kit who hated listening to him. He quickly open the door which was unlocked and they all got in he then began to tell Kit to take a screw driver out of her bag, she did and handed it to him as Lemony kept watch with the mirrors.

Jacques shoved the screw driver in and managed to move it until the vehicle started to stir and then started to work Jacques then started to carefully drive away before he heard "HE SEES US JACQUES STEP ON IT!" Kit was yelling before suddenly moving from the passenger seat where she was before and shoving his leg onto the gas pedal.

The taxi took off when they where far enough away Jacques turned to look at the idiot he called his twin and simply said "I had that under control." "No you didn't" Lemony pipes up from the back. Jacques ignored him and looked to Kit "Why do you never listen to me?" He always wondered why she never listened he was trying to keep them safe but she never listened. "Because your not in charge of me." "I never said I was, I'm trying to protect you two."
Jacques was the oldest and now that their parents were gone that was his job; to keep them safe.

"Pull over." Jacques became worried, Was there a police car near by? He just stolen a taxi a didn't even have a valid taxi drivers license. He's also thirteen so that might make it worse.

He listened and pulled over. Suddenly his brother and sister were embracing him "It's not your job to babysit us Jacques we're the same age, I can be responsible too." Kit said while embracing him. Lemony silently agreed.

Jacques had chose not to let Kit drive like she wanted though (He didn't want to die, Kit driving would cause that.) actually he said the only she would drive what was now his taxi was when he was dead.

~~~~~

When Olivia Caliban arrived to the Caligarri Carnival, with the taxi.
she knew.

Jacques Snicket was dead.