chapter six

Jungkook and Rosé took one of the company cars to go to her apartment. It wasn't far, so their managers allowed them to go alone. Rosé sat in the passengers seat as Jungkook took the liberty to drive.

The ride was shorter than expected because they were chatting the entire way. It's surprising how they never run out of things to talk about. There's always something, whether it's something silly or not.

Finally, Jungkook stopped in front of Rosé's apartment complex. "Thanks for dropping me off Kookie!" Rosé brightly said and opened the car door to leave.

"Hey! I don't even get a hug?" He asked before she stepped out of the car. Rosé looked back at him and arched her eyebrow.

"You want me to hug you? Why?" She asked, lightly laughing.

"Why not?" He questioned back, with a bratty smile.

"Oh Jungkook. You're such a brat." She sighed.

"Yeah, I am. So give me my hug." He replied.

Rosé giggled and leaned towards him, slowly wrapping her hands around his body. He reciprocated and hugged her back, putting one of his hand behind her head and one around her tiny figure, resting his chin on her head. Jungkook secretly admitted that it must be the best hug he has ever had, including Jimin's hugs. She pulled back and smiled at him brightly.

"Happy now?" She asked.

"Very much." He answered, with a satisfied grin.

"Silly." She muttered and got out of the car. "See you tomorrow!" She said and waved at him, before disappearing into her building.

Jungkook laughed and started to drive back to the agency. Although it was brief and basic, he really appreciated the small moments he shared with her. And whenever she hugged him, it was the best feeling in the world for him.

She was always the best hugger. She holds him tight and never lets go first, even though she wouldn't be the one who asked for it. Her scent was his favourite. It was sweet and fruity. All he could think about while driving back was her and her company. It's like he never wants to part with her.

Finally, he reached the agency, where his members were waiting for him in the ground floor lobby. They noticed him entering as he made his way towards them.

"There you are. We were waiting for you." Jin said.

"We're all going back to the dorm now. It's already past midnight." Yoongi said.

"Ah. Hyung. I think I'll stay back and practice more." Jungkook replied.

"No you're not. You did enough today. Let's head back home." Hoseok said.

"But hyung..." Jungkook started to object but Namjoon interrupted him.

"You're coming with us to the dorm. I don't want you to get sick or tired when we're close to our comeback." He said.

Jungkook merely pressed his lips and nodded. Namjoon wasn't wrong. He has been going pretty hard lately.

"Yeah. And you're sharing the van with Hoseok and Jimin. Now, let's go." Yoongi said, as the seven boys walked outside and got in the three vans waiting for them.

"So... Jungkook." Jimin said, as the three boys got comfortable inside. Jungkook looked at him, expecting him to continue.

"Hoseok hyung shared a very.. delicate detail about you." He continued, with a teasing smile. Jungkook's eyes go wide as he glanced at Hoseok who was clearly enjoying this with a satisfied grin.

"Who else knows?" Jungkook asked immediately. "Well, me and Tae and Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung and Jin hyung." Jimin said.

"So basically everyone." Jungkook sighed. "Hyung!" He whined at Hoseok.

"What? You don't expect me to not share the very interesting scene I witnessed in the dance studio." He said.

"Hyung it was nothing okay? We just got a little carried away." He replied nonchalantly.

"Oh? A little carried away? So where were you for the past three hours huh?" Jimin asked, knowing that he got him there.

"I was.. um.. with Chaeyoung.." Jungkook mumbled.

"See? Hyung..." Jimin turned to Hoseok. "Don't tell me I'm the only one who sees something between Jungkook and Rosie." He said.

"You're not the only one." Hoseok answered.

"What do you mean? There's nothing between us. We're just close friends." Jungkook said.

"Close friends who were about to risk it all in the dance studio? Close friends who just sat in the café and talked for almost three hours about God knows what?" Jimin asked. "And these are all the events that happened today. Don't make me list out all your 'moments' from the last many years." He added.

"Hyung please..." Jungkook said.

"Whatever you want to think, you can't deny that there's a spark between you two." Hoseok said.

Jungkook just sighed and decided not to argue with that logic. Mainly because he knew it was true.

There was a spark between them, and as much as he wanted to deny it, he loves her presence around him. He's always his best self when he's with her and he never wants to lose it.

The rest of the way was more or less silent, because the three of them were tired of the busy schedule. They reached their dorm and headed straight to each other's rooms, greeting each other good night.

All Jungkook could think about, while lying on his bed, is seeing Rosé tomorrow. The schedule was light for them and they had enough time to spend with each other, which he was happy about.

He decided to send a quick text to her before falling asleep, because it helps him relax more.

Sweet dreams baby 😘

He pressed send and eagerly waited for her reply.

Chaeng : Wtf you aren't asleep yet??

Jungkook : you aren't either.

Chaeng : touché. Anyways, good night honey 😘

Jungkook giggled. It had become like a routine for them now : texting each other before falling asleep. He liked it, and he assumed she did too, since she replied instantly. He smiled and closed his eyes, falling deep asleep.