chapter thirty four

Rosé and Jungkook did it quite often – sneaking out to his spare apartment. It was the only place the media was not aware of, and hopefully the sasaeng too. Whenever they felt overwhelmed and in the need of each other, they will sneak to his spare apartment and spend quality time with each other.

Like now, how they are just laying in the bed with Rosé in Jungkook's shirt and him in his boxers, watching a Disney movie. Rosé has her legs rested on Jungkook while he runs his hands slowly on her smooth skin. He tries to grab a few popcorns from the big bowl she's hogging right now, but she pulls away.

"You've had enough." She said.

"I barely had any, Chae. You ate more than half of it." He said, not sounding mad though. Rosé grinned at him and stuffed popcorn in her mouth again, turning her attention to the big TV in his bedroom. Rapunzel and Flynn were on their way to see the floating lanterns. It was her favourite scene in the movie.

Jungkook heard her sigh.

"Why the sigh babe?" He asked.

"I feel for Rapunzel." She said.

Jungkook turned his head to look at her. Her attention was still on the TV. He reached out to tuck her hair behind her ear so he could see her face more clearly.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"It's just, all she wants is to be free and do normal things that a girl should be allowed to do. But her witch of a prisoner is holding her captive. And I kind of relate to that."

Jungkook pulled Rosé closer to him, now caressing her thigh as he listened to her carefully. She looked from the screen to him.

"I want us to be free too. I want to go out and do groceries with you. I want us to go to the amusement park without being followed or watched. I want to be able to hold your hand in public, kiss you when I see someone eyeing you, laugh and smile with you." She said, putting her hand on the back of his head and ruffling his fluffy hair.

"I want a life without cameras." She added.

Jungkook stared at her girlfriend with love filled eyes. He brought his hands to caress her face, before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"I'm sorry I can't give you that." He said, sounding genuinely apologetic. "I can't give you the freedom you desire. I can't stop anyone from eyeing us. I can't go to do groceries with you. I can't go anywhere without a bunch of people capturing or following us." He said, pressing his forehead on hers.

"But I can promise you that I will always hold your hand. I can promise you to be on your side when it gets hard. I can promise to be loyal to you and love you till death parts us. It might not be much, but that's all I can do for you now."

Rosé released a deep breath and smiled widely.

"It's more that enough for me." She answered, while leaning in to kiss her boyfriend properly like she means it from every fibre of her being.

They couldn't enjoy the moment for long, because both of their phones rang at the same time, showing the name of their respective managers. It was time to prepare for the Bighit Family Concert.

They got dressed and got into the car waiting for them outside, as discreetly as possible, which took them to their agency where they can leave for the venue with their own group and managements. The car halted in front of their building and as Rosé was getting out, Jungkook quickly pulled her in and placed a quick kiss on her lips.

"Be careful baby." He said softly. His eyes were filled with worry and concern, she noticed, and it wasn't a secret why. His hands were still caressing her face, and she decided to give him her brightest smile.