chapter twenty three

Rosé had already reached her apartment. She had changed into comfortable clothes and was sitting on the couch, flipping through the TV channels, waiting for Jungkook to come back. She doesn't know why she's even waiting for him when she knows damn well he'll just ignore her like he had been doing the entire day.

It was heartbreaking. She didn't even know why she did to make him so mad. It was so out of the blue and so weird of him.

She noticed the door knob twist. It flung open and Jungkook walked in. He stared at her sitting on the couch, looking at him with upset eyes and making him feel like the shittiest man on earth.

How was she even going to react to him? She wasn't sure if he even forgave her for whatever she did. He just stood there, after closing the door, and kept staring at her in some way.

Rosé sighed and switched off the TV, walking off to her room without even saying anything. He didn't stop her. She closed the door and crashed on the bed. She kept replaying the times she spent with him, in case she remembers if she did something to hurt him. Nothing came to her. Now she's sure he's being crazy.

This was the last thing she wanted right now.

As she was sulking on her bed, a knock could be heard from the door. She dragged herself out of the bed and opened it to find a guilt stricken Jungkook.

She stared at him sternly. What did he want after making her feel so depressed?

"Chae..." He called her.

"What do you want?" She asked with a snap in her tone.

Jungkook bit his lower lip and sighed. "Look... I know you're upset. Just let me explain?" He said.

"I don't want to hear anything." She stated. She was about to shut the door in his face when he obstructs it midway with his hand.

"Please don't shut on me. I really need to talk to you." His face was desperate and pitiful, and it made Rosé feel soft. "What is even there to talk about Jungkook? You literally acted like I didn't exist around you." She said.

"I know. And that's why I'm here to explain myself. Just please let me in?" He asked, even more desperation in his tone.

Rosé sighed. Well, she did needed answers. He has a lot of explaining to do.

"Fine. Come in." She said, stomping towards the bed and sitting on it, waiting for him to join her and explain whatever the fuck was going on.

Jungkook closed the door and walked towards her, taking a seat next to her on the bed. He faced her and took a deep breath, silently and constantly telling himself to keep up the courage.

"So tell me Jeon Jungkook. What was your reason to ignore me like that?" She asked, crossing her arms.

Jungkook gulped lightly. He didn't really know where to start, but if he's going to do it, he has to do it now.

"The reason why I was acting so distant is because I was confused." He started. Rosé furrowed her eyebrows. "Confused? About what?" She asked.

"Us. I was confused by about my feelings towards you." He continued. At this point, his heart was slamming against his chest in nervousness. Her confused gaze was making him more panicked.

"I don't understand Jungkook." She said, the sternness of her face turning into worry. What was he talking about? Does he hate her for some reason?

Jungkook sighed again. "Listen Chaeng. This might be come as a shock to you. But, I've been wondering about us for a while now." He said.

"Maybe, I am falling for you."