chapter thirty three

Rosé was sitting in her studio when Soojin burst into the room holding a clipboard.

"So the BigHit Family Concert is at the end of this month. We have to start preparing." She told the girl. "Do you want to finalise your setlist?"

Rosé nodded and took the clipboard out of Soojin's hands.

"Remedy, Summer of '97, Born To Die, My Only Love, Dangerous.... Yeah all looks good." She said. "When am I supposed to perform?"

"Well, first is Lee Hyun, then TXT, then you and then BTS." Soojin said. "You're supposed to start practicing from now. I'm told to tell you to at least practice thrice a week for this. I've booked the practice room two days a week for you only. The third time you're gonna have to share with Lee Hyun."

Rosé smiled and nodded. "Thanks unnie. I don't know what I'll do without you. You're the best manager." She said, looking back at her computer screen and resuming her work.

Soojin's bright face turns a little pale after hearing this.

"Rosie..." She starts. The girl looks up at her. She was smiling - genuinely. She had rarely smiled the past few months. It broke Soojin's heart.

"You have something to say?" Rosé asked.

"N-no." Soojin quickly answered. "I'll just leave. Tell me when you're ready to practice okay?"

"Okay unnie." Rosé said, continuing her work.

Soojin leaves Rosé's studio and closes the door behind her. She rests her back on her door and puts her hand on her chest, feeling her erratic heartbeat. Beads of sweat were visible on her forehead and her hands were clammy.

She quickly makes her way to the recording room. She checks the hallways, and enters the room, taking out her phone and dialling a number.

"Hello?" A rough man voice says into the phone after two rings.

"You can't do it." Soojin says. Her eyes were filled with tears and her voice was shaky. It was hard to say whether she was nervous or angry or maybe both.

"What did you say?" The voice asked.

"Don't do it, please. Leave the girl alone. She has done nothing wrong to you." She said.

"We've been over this. Are you that thick in the head that you don't understand a simple thing?" The other person told her.

Soojin let out a sob. "Please, she's a good girl. Don't hurt her like this." She pleaded.

"I LOVE HER!" The voice roared. "And I will do anything to get her! I will make her mine and no one can stop me from doing so! And you will help me achieve this, understand bitch?"

Soojin had sank down at the nearest seat. "Please.... She has done nothing wrong...."

"That argument became invalid when she decided to go out and date that bastard of a boy. She made a huge mistake. She KNEW I loved her, and she still dated him. I really thought that a dating scandal will make them break up, but times have changed I guess. Now a dating scandal won't do the job." The voice said. "But a kidnapping will surely do it."

Soojin gasped in between her sobs when she heard him say the word.

"Please! Don't do it! I will... I will report you if you do anything like this!" Soojin bravely said. But the voice on the other side of the line just laughed.

"You wouldn't report this to anyone if you know what's good for your sister. Or should I say, our sister."

"N-no!! Wait-"