chapter twenty eight

It had been a week since that incident, and Rosé was already feeling crazy. She was missing Jungkook too much, and was overwhelmed and stressed. She hadn't seen him for a week straight because he was in the States for promotions. She ran her fingers through her hair and groaned.

Not only she can't see her boyfriend, but also can't get a moment of peace since she's ordered to be with bodyguards all the time. There were two outside her studio as we speak.

She didn't like it, of course, being escorted everywhere all the time, but she also understood how important it was.

She finally decided to call it a day since it was already past midnight. As soon as she left the studio, her bodyguards followed her footsteps. She doesn't know why Bang PD wants her to be watched all the time. It's not like the sasaeng will enter the agency and kidnap her. The security is already tight. She just found it so weird. But she merely sighed and kept walking, until they reached her car which took her to her home.

When they reached the suite, Rosé bowed and thanked them for taking care of her, which surprised the two bouncers, but they politely bowed back to her.

Rosé unlocked her door and got into her apartment, after her bodyguards left. And like everyday she instantly noticed how empty it felt without Jungkook.

Usually, they come in at the same time, because Jungkook is adamant to be with her all the time, even before they were together. His excuse was "to protect her." But the rare times when she came home later than him, he was always seen waiting up for her on the couch. His eyes would be dead tired, but he will stay up until she safely reached home. As soon as he would see her, he would engulf her in a large hug and carry her to the bedroom to ensure she sleeps immediately.

But from the day he left, there were no more bear hugs. No one who stayed up for her, or to carry her to the bedroom to make sure she falls asleep. The usual two bedroom apartment, which was her source of peace, suddenly had this deafening silence that she wished would break with Jungkook's cute laugh.

She closed her eyes and sighed, quietly making her way to her bedroom. She hadn't noticed how alone she was before Jungkook "moved in" with her. Now that he's gone, she craved him to be there again. She would call him, but due to time difference she can't. He would be busy, doing interviews and shows and meeting his beloved fans. She doesn't want to distract him from his work because she knows how much he loves what he does.

Dropping down on her bed defeated, she unlocked her phone and stared at her lockscreen which was a picture of them both.

She sighed as the corners of her lips dropped. She missed him so fucking much that it was painful. All she wanted was to hear his voice, at least to calm her raging nerves. But she can't and it made her go almost insane. She caressed his face on the screen with her index finger wishing that he somehow appears magically besides her in the bed.