Sleeping Beauty

*Photo of Apollo and Phoenix.*

"Juni." I groan and swat at whoever is sitting next to me. "Juniper!" I jump up hearing Sage yell my name.
"What!" I rub my face feeling a pen stuck to my forehead, "i fell asleep?"
"Yeah we were waiting for Paul to send us a file on Chem Tech, you laid your head down and passed out."
"What time is it?"
"Almost 6am. Oliver and Dean went for coffee and bagels."
"Good for them. I want pancakes." She laughed.
"Deans already ordered them, they should be back any moment really."
"I'm gonna go shower." I go to the bathroom and climb into the shower. I throw on a sports bra and some leggings and get ready to go jog. "I'm going for a jog, you in?" I grab a bottle of water and throw it into my bag, with my phone and put my smart watch on. I grab my gun and also throw it in, i never go anywhere without it with everything going on in town.
"No I'm okay, you go and enjoy." I nod and head out the door and down the stairs.

I run four or five blocks when i stopped for a drink. I look behind and wave at the other joggers. Taking off again I look into my watch and notice in the reflection the same jogger in a yellow hoodie was following me. I take a left turn knowing i needed to go right to confirm my suspicions. Still there. I run to the next block before taking another right turn. Still there. I'm now going back towards the way I came. I need to through him off to see if he is really following me. I take a right and sprint like my life depended on it. I use my watch and right when he gets to the same corner and see's me sprinting he takes off chasing me. Oh hell no. "Okay google!" My watch blings as i continue sprinting. "Text Ollie Blue 5th and sycamore. I repeat blue 5th and sycamore."
"Okay i have a text to Ollie, would you like to change it or send it."
"Send it god damnit."
"Okay, message sent." I take a left and stop in an ally waiting for him to turn the corner. My phone starts to ring and i answer it with my watch.
"Whats going on."
"I'm being followed." I whisper as i hear footsteps getting closer. I grab my weapon out of my back pack and right as I pull it out he turns the corner. His fist flies towards my hand, knocking the gun out of my hand. He swings again for my face and i dodge it, sending an uppercut to his abdomen earning a grunt, then as he leaned over bringing my knee to his face. He hollered before his fist met my stomach.
"Ah." I stumble backwards and dodge the next punch he swung moving and causing him to punch the brick wall behind us. He shook his hand and came at me again. I ducked and went to punch him back as his leg swung under me, tripping me. He kicked me in the ribs knocking the wind out of me. He pulled a knife out and I drug myself away from him. I kicked his knee cap causing it to buckle slowing him down a bit. I reach for the gun and he swings the knife at me, I move to the side as the knife grazed my side. I grabbed the gun and pulled the trigger as he falls to the ground. I pull my phone out and dial 911.
"911 Whats you're emergency?"
"Hi this is officer Juni Nikols, SCPD, I need an ambulance at 5th and sycamore. I was attacked on my run and was stabbed. The suspect has been shot and needs immediate medical attention. Hurry!.

I was sitting on the ambulance as they addressed my wounds. I had a black eye, two bruised ribs, and a slice on my side. Not deep enough for stitches, but enough they glued it together and put a bandage over it. I got off the ambulance and Went to talk to Paul who was patrolling the crime scene.
"Juni. I'm glad your okay." I look over at the body bag they were zipping up.
"I've never had to pull the trigger before." I watched as the corner loaded the body up into the van.
"Nikols, it was a clean shoot. You didnt have a choice, he was trying to kill you. Do you know who he is?"
"No ive never seen him before, but he must of been following me for a while. He new exactly where i would stop for my drink break on my jog. This was the first time in weeks I've jogged alone." I look over and see Ollie running through the crime scene tape basically throwing his badge at the, Sage and Dean following.
"Juni!" He wrapped his arms around me.
"AH!" I screamed, he squashing my bandage. "For the love of god Sasquatch, the bandaid is there for a reason." He pulled away looking me up and down. I have hundreds of scars all over my body, I just cover them in tattoo's. This one was straight through a tattoo though, requiring i get a touch up. He had tears in his eyes, "I gave them the recorded conversation between you and I, this was completely clean, you called me and i heard the whole thing. I'm so sorry baby sis. I wish I could of got here sooner." I fake a smile and walk away from them towards the exit. I killed a man today. I took his life. I know it was clean, i know it was self defense but I can't stop myself from feeling guilty.