You Could've Called Me

It was Monday morning. Yesterday I did nothing more than watching Netflix and drinking tea. I always did that on Sunday because Sunday was my day off and I could do everything I want which was watching Netflix and drinking tea. 

I was putting on some clothes after I did my make-up which was in the wrong order since my mascara smudged. I cursed and fixed my make-up again. I brushed my hair and walked downstairs. I grabbed some bread and smeared some nutella on it. I grabbed a botlle of water and grabbed my backpack. 

Mom already went to work so I was home alone. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I closed the door behind me and looked at my parkspot. It was empty. 

Oh fuck. I left my car at Tom's Friday and got a ride from Cam yesterday, so I had to walk to school. 'Fuck.' I said out loud. I put on my earphones and started to blast my music, I was not in the mood to talk to anyone. 

I started walking to school when it started to rain, luckily I had my hoodie so at least my hair would stay dry. My face was a mess anyway, I stayed up way too late this weekend and hadn't had enough sleep for sure. I had bags under my eyes which I attempted to cover up with make-up but it was hopeless. I ate my bread while walking so I wouldn't faint since I didn't had enough time to eat a decent breakfast. 

I huffed and walked faster, it was a 15 minute walk so I would be soaking wet once I arrived at school. I kept walking until I arrived at school, soaked from head to toe. I walked into the building, straight to my locker, not looking at anyone since I probably looked like a monster right now. 

There were people staring at me but I couldn't care less at the moment. I opened my locker and grabbed my books. I had 15 minutes before my first class started. I was freezing but there was nothing I could do about it. I jumped a little when I heard someone say my name. 

'Heey (Y/N).' I looked next to me to see Cameron standing there in similar clothes. A hoodie, jeans and a pair of sneakers. He smiled and I looked at him. 

'Hii.' I said to him. I closed my locker. 

'What happend to you?' He asked me while eyeing, a soaking wet, me up from head to toe. 'Took a shower with your clothes on?'

' Haha, very funny! No, I walked to school.' I told him bluntly. 

'Why?' He asked me with furrowed eyebrows. 

'Because I left my car at Tom's Friday and I didn't had enough time to pick it up this morning, so..' 

'So you walked all the way to school in the pouring rain?' He asked me in disbelieve. I nodded my head. 

'You could've called me!' He told me, like it was a normal thing to do. 'Yeah, I didn't think about that.' I looked at the ground. It actually didn't crossed my mind, to be honest. 

'Here.' He got out of his hoodie and handed it to me. He wore a white T-shirt which made him look even more tanned. 

'No, Cam. You will get cold.' 'No but.. (Y/N). Take it and I will drive you home after school aswell.' He offered me. 

I grabbed his hoodie. 'Thank you, I will go change in the bathroom.' I smiled and walked to the bathroom. I walked in and saw Emma standing infornt of the mirror with two of her friends. 

'Ooh heeey (Y/N).' She said in her annoying voice. 

'Hii.' I wanted to walk to a bathroom stall but Emma stopped me from doing so. 

'Just know that he will dump you in no time, so don't expect too much from it because that will hurt.' She told me, it almost sounded like she wanted to warn me. There wasn't any jealousy or threat in her voice. Maybe a little jealousy but well for her to be kind, that was something new. 

'Thank you.' She let me through and I got changed into Cam's hoodie. It was too big but the warmth of his hoodie instantly engulfed me. I smelled his parfum, still the same parfum he had 8 months ago. 

I had my hoodie in my hand and I walked out of the stall. I fixed my smudged make-up really quick and smiled to Emma and the other girls and walked out of the bathroom. 

'Looks good.' Cam told me when I saw him sitting on the bench against the opposite wall.

'Thank you.'  I smiled to him and he stood up. He walked over to me and looked at me. 

'I will see you at lunch.' He told me. He pushed a strand of wet hair out of my face and walked away. 

I smiled to myself and walked back to my locker. I place my hoodie in it and walked to class since I only had 2 minutes left. I walked into class and felt eyes burn a hole in my back. I sat down next to Eva and she grinned. 

'I TOLD YOU SO!' She stated. 

I shook my head. 'Only because he handed me his hoodie and that's because I got soaked from the rain but that doesn't mean that he's into me.' I told her eventhough I knew he had to like me somehow for doing this. He wouldn't give his hoodie to someone he doesn't like. 

Our first classes went by fast and Eva and I talked more than we payed attention, just like we always did. 

It was lunch time so we grabbed our lunch and walked to a table. We sat down and talked a little before Tom scared Eva again. They laughed and kissed and then Tom sat down next to Eva. 

I looked around to see Cameron sitting at a different table with his friends. It was new for all of us that Tom sat at our table since he was always sitting with Cam and his friends. Cam laughed at something and looked my way. I smiled and was about to turn around when I saw him giving me a wink. I blushed once I was facing Tom and Eva again. 

'(Y/N), are you starting to like a certain someone?' Eva asked while wiggling her eyebrows. 

'Don't be stupid.' I told her but I was scared that I actually began to like him again. And I didn't want to only have sex with him, I wanted to snuggle up to him when it was cold. I wanted him to surprise me with flowers or a nice dinner. I wanted him to place an arm around my waist and walk me to my classes. I wanted him to kiss me and tell me that he loved me. I wanted to play fight with him over the remote or watch a scary movie with him in bed. I wanted it all. 

So you can say that I am fucked.