News

There was a knock on the door, so I laid my newspaper down and got up to answer it. I opened the door and saw Callie. "Hey love. I wasn't expecting you, come in."

I loved when any of the kids visited. Jude and Mariana were the only ones who still lived here. Everyone else has moved out. But Jude was still in school and Mariana was doing online college classes and working.

I hugged Callie as she walked in. She sat on the couch and I sat next to her and I could tell something was up. "What is it?"

She looked down at her hands then back up at me. "I-I don't know how to say this." Tears began to form in her eyes."

I wrapped my arm around, pulling her closer to me and rubbed her arm. "Hey now, don't cry. Talk to me, tell me what's going on."

"I wasn't sure how I was going to tell you this or if I was going to tell you and mama together. But I decided that I was going to come to you because of the relationship we have."

I kissed her temple. "what's wrong sweet girl? I am here for you."

"I think I'm pregnant, I'm two weeks late and what makes it worse is James and I broke up and he moved to New York."

I sat there for a second trying to think of what to say. I never expected for her to give me my first grand kid. "Oh honey, I know you weren't expecting this but I think you are mature enough and financially stable enough to raise a child and you have your mama and I. You are still kind of young but you can do this and you'll make a wonderful mom." I smiled at her to try to reassure her that it was going to be ok. "You'll be a wonderful mom like me." I added, winking, trying to lighten the mood.

She hugged me. "Thanks mom for making this easier. Will you please go to the doctors with me? Also please don't tell mama until after I know for sure."

"That's a first, usually everyone runs to your mama first. But you are so much like me so I do understand why you came to me first. It makes me happy that you came to me and want me to go with you. I love you and it will all be alright."

She smiled and laid her head on my shoulder and wiped away her tears. "I love you too."

SORRY IT HAS BEEN AWHILE. I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH COLLEGE. ANYWAYS PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. ALSO IF YOU HAVE REQUESTS I CAN TRY TO DO THEM. HOPE YOU ALL ARE LIKING THESE AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK!