Baby News

Sorry that I haven't updated in awhile. College just started back up and I've been busy. Anyways, this was a request, hope you all enjoy!

"Okay honey, see you then." I hung up the phone and Stef was right behind me, which caused me to jump. "You scared me."

She laughed. "Sorry, which kid was on the phone?" She must have heard me say honey.

"Callie, she said her and Ian are going to come by in an hour to see us." Ian is Callie's husband, they have been married for almost 2 years, they are both 26. He really cares for her and is always a gentleman. She wanted to move out of California and then she met him and stayed. Which made Stef and I very happy. Now they live about 20 minutes away.

Stef leaned in to kiss me, bringing me from my thoughts. "Is she staying for dinner?"

"No, they are having dinner with his parents but they wanted to come visit for a bit."

"Didn't we see them last weekend or so?" Stef said joking, but I knew she really loved when any of the kids stopped by to visit, now that we have the house to ourselves.

"Yes. She said something about Ian having a doctors appointment near here or something like that, so they were going to stop by to say hi."
~~

"Mom, mama?" Callie called out as she walked into the house.

"In here," I said from the kitchen. Stef and I had just finished putting away the dishes.

Callie walked in and hugged me then Stef.

"Ian, you're not sick are you? I can't really get sick right now." Stef said joking.

"No, ma'am." he replied and hugged her then me.

"Callie said you were at the doctors, is everything okay?" I asked as we all say down at the table.

Callie and Ian looked at each other and he grabbed her hand. Stef and I looked at each other, wondering what was going on.

"Actually mama, we were at the doctor for me."

I started to get worried, was she okay. "Are you okay? What's going on Callie?" Stef asked worried.

Callie smiled. "Yes I'm okay. Umm." she looked at Ian and he smiled at her. "We are pregnant."

All the worry left me and happiness took it's place. I got up and have her a hug and kissed her forehead. "Oh, I'm so happy for you two." I hugged her again and Stef came over to hug her and Ian. "I can't wait." I said excitedly. This was going to be me and Stef's first grandchild.

"I'm happy for you guys, but I'm not old enough to be called grandma so we will have to come up with something else." Stef said and I nudged her and rolled my eyes. "Hey, I'm just saying. Méme would work though." She said and kissed Callie's temple.

"Thank you for being happy for us. You are the first to know." I couldn't be any happier for them. "We have to go though, we have dinner with Ian's parents to tell them." She got up and hugged us both goodbye and they left.

"Our first grandbaby, wow. I can't believe it." I said with a smile on my face.

"Me either, my love." Stef wrapped her arm around me and kissed my head.