Stardust (Ticker)

Imagine that you're a Warframe who is very close to the Solaris, Ticker..

Apologizes for the long inactivity, I've lacked motivation and I've been going through some personal things which is why I haven't been updating. Anyhow, I have come back with a fanfic I did for my favorite character in Warframe which is one of my favorite video games.

"Alright Ordis, where should we go next?" you asked.

"I strongly recommend that you do one of the many tasks that you have not yet completed Operator." your ship's AI responded.

Of course Ordis would tell you to do your chores.

"But there are so many!! Additionally, I'm not even that strong yet! If I go in like this, I'll be killed for sure alright!

Okay, you were just making up excuses because even though you were a Tenno, you were quite a stubborn one. Your abilities definitely made you powerful but you were just lazy to do any work.

"Operator, may I suggest going to Fortuna on Venus? You may go do bounties at the Orb Vallis for Eudico and not go just so you could speak to Ticker! " Ordis suggested.

"Hey, I don't go just to talk to Ticker! I do bounties!" you responded, "Sure I talk to him because he's fun to talk to but not that much!"

"Operator, every time you return from Fortuna, you always tell me about how you talk to him for hours, am I not correct?" Ordis asked.

"I do not say that! Now are we going to Fortuna or what?" you asked.

"Yes indeed Operator." Ordis replied.

-----------about 20 minutes later----------

"Operator, we have now arrived to Fortuna!" announced Ordis.

"Alright thanks Ordis. Now drop me off right here!" you said.

You stepped into the chamber and the ship's mechanics strapped you to the spinning door. It flipped so that now you were right outside and facing the ground.

The straps were then released and you leaped off. You fell down about 100 feet and landed perfectly on the ground at the entrance to Fortuna.

As usual, the Solaris were out working and constructing buildings for their small and poor village.

You respected the Solaris. They had gone through many hardships ever since the dictator, Nef Anyo, had taken control. They all owed a huge debt and if they couldn't pay it, Nef would find a way to make them pay.

What he did was absolutely inhumane and horrible. He would go after those who couldn't pay their debts and would take their body parts so that they could be sold on the markets.

This resulted in a majority of the Solaris having to replace their missing body parts with robotic parts instead. Even children had to go through the process. It was definitely saddening.

You didn't doubt that even he used some of their parts to enhance himself for his own benefit.

Luckily you managed to take away Nef's control over Fortuna but that didn't mean that he gave up. He still sends in the Corpus to try to go after the Solaris who can't pay their debts.

That's where you and your good friend Ticker came in.

Ticker was a Solaris like everyone else in Fortuna. He had gone through the horrid process of losing a part of himself. He had been one of the lucky ones though. So far, it appeared that he had only lost his neck. His head was stored inside the small container in his chest which is the reason he had a robotic head where his head would normally be. All Solaris had to have their heads placed in a container on their chests.