Janet's Background

Janet grew up in ugly surroundings. Her parents were both drunkards, who retired from acting before she was born. They rented a small house, and after the death of her father her mother refused to pay the rent, and they were removed several times. They only stayed in LA because her mother worked at a Starbucks that did not have a bad reputation of her. The application did not require a reputation, and it took anyone from drug addicts to hard-working family members. While Clara was homeschooled in primary and elementary school, Janet was shipped off as soon as Preschool became an option. Practically every morning in Primary Janet either walked to school or her mother hired a babysitter to drive her. Janet's mother realized she could not get rid of Clara's dragon, or control it for that matter at age six and kept her at home with her for six years. During that time, Janet stayed mainly with her grandmother, and only saw her real mother during special events such as Halloween, Christmas, and Easter.

Janet took her misery out on other smaller kids. Clara was younger, but Janet already knew enough not to bother with her. When Janet was ten Clara and her got into a fight and Clara left Janet a deep and painful scar on her face. Janet wore lots of makeup after that. Clara recovered from the scrapes she had received a couple hours after Janet's mother broke up the fight.

The girl was a bully at school. She hung around bad friends who taught her how to steal food from other children without being caught. She pulled Meg's hair(Janet's was short) when Clara wasn't around. By middle school children of all ages learned to stay out of her way, or get on Clara's good side if Janet was near.

Janet hated Clara. Her mom never scolded Clara, and gave Clara whatever she wanted. Clara wasn't even her blood daughter, and her mother payed more attention to her. Besides that, Clara got to fly. She didn't take anyone with her, but Janet often watched her soaring through the air from her window. Janet was always hungry, but Clara never brought home the bloody meat from foxes that she killed. She kept the fur pelts and made them into soft caps, and the feathers into feather beds. On cold winter nights Clara let off a little heat into her bed covers and warm water into the showers.

As the years passed, Janet despised any living creature that crossed her path.