I Could Do This For The Rest Of My Life

Chapter 22

As we pulled into the runway into Montreal Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport. Everything that had felt so familiar years ago came back to me instantly as soon as we landed. For years, Montreal had been my home. Over the years I had dealt with change. I had different home, moved to different cities, and claimed that those places were my home. But none of them ever felt like Montreal. Montreal was the only real place I could really call my home. It was where my family was, it was where I had grew up, it was all of memories that were too valuable for me to let go of.

“You ready?” Niall asked me looking right into my eyes. I nodded at him with a little smirk. He smiled too as he grabbed my bag and held my hand as we got off the plane. We were greeted by fans at the airport. They had a big banner that said welcome home Amanda. It warmed my heart. I got a little emotional. Niall rubbed my back. He knew this was really hard for me. He knew I missed my family more than anything in the world. I couldn’t wait to see them all. We took a couple of pictures with some fans. Some of the fans had posters of the television series I had written. They finally decided to call it “Love Triangle” and it was premiering tonight. They asked for my signature, and for the first time in my life I felt like I had really accomplished something. I texted my brother telling him I had landed safely and that I would be home soon. He replied instantly and told me he couldn’t wait to see me.

We quickly got in a cab and arrived at my house. As I opened the cab door. Many memories came rushing back to me, some good, some bad. The last time Niall had been here, I slammed the door in his face and broke up with him. That was one memory I didn’t want to remember. It’s hard to regret anything that happened between us though. If those things hadn’t happened the way it did, who knows how our lives would have turned out. That was a thought I didn’t really want to think about. All I really wanted to think about was our future. It was getting to the point that we had started thinking about it, and if we were ready to make that next step. Niall was more convinced than I was though. He kept bringing it up but my fear of commitment always got the best of me.

My brother opened the door and ran towards me to lift me up and spin me around. I had the biggest smile on my face. My brother was still living in Montreal. He moved out of my parents house about two years ago. He was still dating Emily and from what hes told me he was convinced that she was the one. We walked into the house where I was greeted by my parents with open arms. I really tried not to cry but I couldn’t help it. The tears just came pouring down. As I hugged my mom, my dad stuck out his hand to give Niall a handshake. My parent’s approval was very important to Niall. He had told me he was really nervous to see them again considering the first time they had met wasn’t on good terms.

We quickly lightened the mood when my brother suggested we play a game of football. Poor Niall thought we were talking about soccer. He was stretching his legs when I told him we were playing what he called American Football. He had never really played before. I was shocked. How was I dating someone that didn’t even know how to play my favorite sport. “You’ve lived in LA for several months and you haven’t seen a football game?” My brother asked.

“Well, you know, I’ve seen it on TV, but never actually played it.” Niall said.

“Amanda, who is this guy?” My brother joked. Niall laughed at Chris’s joke.  The teams were set, my dad, Emily and myself against my mom, Chris and Niall. The game was on. My mom was terrible at sports but she played to make us laugh. My brother is a very competitive guy and wanted to win. He always passed the ball to Niall. Niall didn’t always catch it which made Chris frustrated. It absolutely killed him when I caught the ball and Niall didn’t tackle me, I ran to the end of the backyard and scored a touch down. My brother ran up to Niall frustrated and talked game with him. “Niall, Amanda is not your girlfriend at this point, she is your opponent. You need to block her ok, do not let my sister score another touchdown or else she will always remind you of how you lost to her in a manly sport such as football.” Niall nodded, understanding what my brother said. It was our ball. My dad hutted the ball. I ran deep to catch it. When I caught it, I touched the ground. Niall put his arms around my stomach and brought me down. I started laughing. He fell on top of me and gave me a kiss on the lips. “Sorry babe.”