Chapter 32

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Pakiramdam ko'y sinasakal ako sa mga nangyayari. Iyong tipong wala ka ng options. As if the gods of the universe conspire for my misery, chanting and making me realize that I have no way out.

Tumigil ang sasakyan sa harapan nang mansyon ng halimaw na si Trigger King. The driver had offered to open the passenger door for me and I weakly came out. I was lost in my feelings--my emotions were skyrocketing and as much as I hate it, I can't stop myself from feeling dreadful.

I swallowed the bile on my throat when I looked up and saw his damn figure on that damn study room. I can't pretend that I was numb. Hindi ko na rin kayang magpanggap na hindi ako apektado sa presensya niya.

Trigger King. Theron Rosini. He would always affect me and if only I could politely decline in meeting him. I silenced myself--my poor soul was craving for safety and the driver escorted me to enter the mansion.

The monster's mansion. Trigger King's mansion. The door was opened and with a heavy heart, I walked and entered Hell.

"Your boss seemed to think that abduction is a good thing to do. If I were you, I wouldn't follow him. And just let me go," huli kong pagkukumbinsi sa driver.

Pinagtawanan lang ako nito. Na parang nasisiraan na ako ng bait. "I hate doing this to you, Miss Castellanos--but you know, my Boss, I can say that he could do everything and make my life miserable if I don't follow his orders," simple lang nitong sabi.

The driver could laugh easily. Parang magaan lang ang buhay kung pagtawanan niya ako. He wasn't snob like Arturo or other Castellanos Men.

"You could save me," sabi ko pa rito. We reached the second floor of the damn mansion. God, I could remember the angry face of Nana when she slapped me because she found out that I'm a daughter Guerero Castellanos.

"I can not do anything about it, Miss. It's either I'll help you. Or I will suffer the wrath of Boss forever," madramang sabi ng driver habang nakangisi.

The driver stood in front of the closed wooden door of the study. "Come, Miss Castellanos," simpleng sabi nito. Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mga mata--he was effin' chill with the whole situation so I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Boss, I think...would just scare you. But in anyway that he would harm you. You could just kiss him so that it's happily ever after," natatawa nitong sabi.

And there was nothing funny on what he said. I dragged myself towards his position. In every step that I was taking, I felt like I was going to die--siguro'y ito 'yong nararamdaman ng mga nasisilya-elektrika. Like your death is welcoming you--waiting for your arrival.

The whole mansion was in its usual dark ambiance. The hallway of the second floor was dimmed with lights and just like the owner--this whole mansion screamed a fucking horror story. As much as I like reading stories, that damn monster named Trigger King was like the evil villain from the scary stories that I used to avoid when I was a kid.

Sa edad kong 'to ay parang gusto ko na lang bumalik sa pagkabata kung saan lahat ng bagay ay simple. Wala kang problema. Kain at tulog lang ang laman ng isip mo.

The driver knocked twice. Just the way I hated it, the door of Hell opened. The stupid driver with a quirky face smiled casually and he motioned me to enter, "come, Miss...Boss hates to wait," biglang seryoso nitong sabi.

Nang nabato na ako sa aking kinatatayuan ay tinulak na ako nito papasok. That fucking driver! He pushed me inside the study room and I stumbled, then froze on the middle of the dark, morbid study room.

Parang may tumulak sa akin sa bangin at tuluyan na akong nahulog. My heart was pounding so hard. The study room's door closed and I looked at it.

No, I repeatedly chanted on my mind. No, no...! Pero walang lumabas sa bibig ko.