Chapter 37

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

He looked insane. He's damn insane. Hindi ako makapaniwala sa nadiskubre ako. 

The reality of what I've discovered was seeping on my entire system. My face  filled with blood and trailed down my mouth. I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare. 

"N-no, no, Van. I'm sorry, okay? I know that I've hurt you but--" 

Vincent didn't allow me one to say anymore things as his hand landed on my cheek. I could find blood on his hand but the satisfaction lingered on his eyes. My head started to spin as I continued to looked at Vincent, the impact of his hand on my cheek was hard and even as he slammed me earlier on the car window...it was pretty hard too.

Hinayaan ko ang sariling malunod sa sakit na aking nararamdaman. And my face was twisted in agony as I continued to stare at Vincent and it was only when I let my eyes closed that I've realized that it was all real. He even chuckled while stroking my face covered in blood.

"You're bloody face is so nice. I have a feeling that you would love to be with me because I'm being a bad man. I'm going to be more dangerous and you're going to feel head over heels in love with me--Vincent."

Vincent clapped his hands and fastened his seat belt to begin driving. And, oh God. Gusto kong dumilat at mag-pretend na hindi naman talaga ako nawalan ng malay pero nakakatakot siya at habang nasa malapit siya'y parang magwawakas na ang aking buhay.

I firmly closed my eyes and didn't bother to stare at him. "You are literally a failure. Can't you see how docile and obedient she is to me, she likes a bad man and I've been telling you many times that charming her with soft words and actions won't get you anywhere!" he harshly said.

Nasanay na ako na malambing si Van at ang naririnig siyang ganito ka-harsh magsalita ay nakakapanibago. As if there was really another person. God.

"Don't hurt her," someone said. And I swear that the words were so soft and gentle. It was of Van.

"Adoration wouldn't work for her. As I've assumed from the very start, she would automatically for the bad guy. A weak-hearted man like you won't get her attention and love, we need to pull some new tricks--something  that would make her see our worth as the bad man."

Vincent was seemed sure as he talked about those things. At sa bawat segundong lumilipas ay hindi na safe ang aking pakiramdam. I choked on my seat when I felt his hand on the side of my face.

His touch was firm and he wasn't bother that my face was bloody. "Now, you would see our worth. The terror and excitement that we could give you--Van was so stupid but I'm not," he growled trying to prove his point.

The terror and exhaustion was eating me alive. I've realized that my body didn't stop from trembling or shaking as he continued to talk to me. 

I knew that he was eyeing me but it seemed that he was so preoccupied with his own thoughts too. Exactly ten seconds after he talked to me that I let dizziness reign on my body. And my consciousness was lost.

Alam ko na darating din ang pagkakataon na gigising ulit ako sa bangungot kasama si Van o Vincent. At dumating nga, hindi ko alam kung ilang minuto o oras akong nawalan ng malay pero nang gumising ako'y hindi ko inasahan na may katabi akong babae. I was practically gaping at her as if I wasn't convinced that she was real or maybe I was just mad enough to think.

"You're awake," she said. Her eyes were so blank and distant. She was wearing blood-stained white dress that revealed a generous amount of her legs and cleavage.