Chapter 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

God sent me a punishment. It was Trigger King. They would always say that people come into your life with a reason and clearly Trigger King came to my life for one certain reason: to make my life miserable.

Totoo iyon. Habang nakikita ko siyang hinahawakan ang baril ay naging klaro lang ang kanyang sadya sa aking buhay. Para ipakita sa akin na masyado akong mahina para sa aking pangalan.

Cherry Ann Castellanos, a woman who can't even stomach blood and death. A woman who readily covered her ear in the sound of gunshots. Trigger King was firing the gun with conviction--unlike me he was convinced that shooting is a must thing to do to show power and dominion. Bullshit, I would rather paint inside my Art Room than learn this damn thing.

I wondered if he had a weakness. Napaka-ordinaryong bagay na lang 'to para kay Trigger. Ang paghawak ng baril at pagkalabit ng gatilyo.

Pinakita niya sa aking kung ano ang tamang paghawak ng baril; ang tamang tindig at ang pagtimbang ng katawan sa bawat kalabit ng gatilyo. If you would ask me, it was easy to imitate him, the truth was I could mimic his actions. The hardest thing to do was to shoot the gun with an intention to kill someone.

We're just learning how to shoot a handgun. It was a semi-automatic pistol fitted for women who wanted to learn basic shooting. I didn't care if some women like it, I didn't like this damn thing.

We've went to the shooting range outside the mansion. That was the good thing actually of this whole shooting lesson. Nagkaroon ako ng pagkakataon na makalabas ng mansyon.

We have a shooting range inside the mansion but it was only intended for Castellanos Men. I didn't like to go to that place as I didn't want to find out on what kind of guns they shoot there. Atleast, sa labas na shooting range ay may nakikita pa akong mga babae na parang nage-enjoy lang din sa ganitong aktibidades.

Sinungkad niya ang aking reaksyon na parang gumunaw ang buong mundo. Gano'n ako nasusuya sa sitwasyong meron ako. Nasa kanyang kamay pa rin ang baril, nakadikit sa kanyang daliri ang gatilyo at sa huling pagkakataon ay tumingin siya sa akin bago iyon ikasa at kalabitin.

I was wearing ears and eyes safety gear but I still can't feel secure. Pakiramdam ko'y mabubutas ang aking mga tainga sa bawat putok ng baril. Binabalot ng lagim ang aking puso sa ideyang kailangan kong pag-aralang ang isang bagay na kinasisindakan ko--ang pagkitil sa buhay ng isang tao. 

He put down the gun on the tiny table in front of him then he met my frightened eyes and he said: "It's not good of you to just stare there at me with your fucking bedroom eyes. We're not here to fuck, sweetheart, so come here and start learning how to murder someone," he said wickedly.

Sumisinghap ako sa bawat hakbang ko palapit sa kanya. Napakadumi ng kanyang bibig sa bawat baluktok niyang mga salita fucking bedroom eyes, not here to fuck. Inirapan ko siya't pilit na tumayo ng tuwid sa kanyang harapan, sino ba nagsabing gusto kong gumawa ng milagro kasama siya?! sabat ng matinong parte ng aking utak.

Gusto ko rin sanang maging katulad niya. Walang-kapaki-pakiramdam sa mga ganitong tagpo. Then I wouldn't have a hard time and problem, if we're just the same who enjoyed being violent.

He savagely get the gun on the table and held it out to me. I was quivering as I stare at it. Damn, Trigger King and his muscle flexing as he raised his eyebrow at me to get the pistol from his hand, "come on, sweetheart, you wouldn't die if you're going to hold it," he sarcastically said. 

"I can't believe that you're acting sarcastic out of this." He removed his eye safety gear and put it down. There was darkness on his eyes, and I always see that darkness, it was scary to meet his gaze but it was also alluring.